cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Procurement Assignment Logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

We have one material, when we procure this particular material, In MIGO it will automatically take "C" type register which is for capital goods. Following area I already checked in my system

1. In J1ID it is assigned to TOOLS

2. There is no use of Account Assignment Category in PR & PO

3. There is no assignment in Material Master as for Asset.

So my query is how system recognizes that it is asset and the entries should go in C type register.

Thanks

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the classification for Excise registers.

If you choose Raw Material in Material & Chapter Id combination, it will hit RG23A register.

If you choose Tools / Assets / Consumables in Material & Chapter Id combination, it will hit RG23C register.

If you choose Finished Goods in Material & Chapter Id combination, it will hit RG1 register.

Register Type

J1ID Material type

RG23A

Raw Materials

RG23C

Consumables

Tools

Assets

RG1

Finished Goods

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Material Type and Account assignment category does not have any relevance as far as RG23C is concerned. It purely works with the classification what Ashok has already given.

If it falls in this classification SAP CIN will identify it as RG23C and the answers given for point no. 28 and 30 in the below note explains its accounting relevance.

- FAQ: Country Version India (CIN) General MM queries

You can only avail RG23C credit for 50% in the current year and the rest 50% can only be taken the following year.

Regards

Binoy

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

SAP system will consider the OB40 settings for JP7with respect to "Transaction key" if VAT is applicable for the tax code in P.O and prior to that, settings maintained in configuration such as for excise related capital procurememts as,

SPRO-->IMG-->LOGISTIC GENERAL-->TAX ON GOODS MOVEMENTS-->INDIA-->special g.l accounts per excise transaction.

here we need to maintain

excise group, ETT, Comopany code,sub transaction type,chart of accounts,and G/Ls for RG23C parameters.

Regards,

pardhu