Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin identification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have below information.

Row      Column        Level          Euro Pallet     Industrial Pallet      Height of the Bin

01         01                02                     4                    2                           100 CM

01         01                03                     4                    2                            150 CM

means in 2nd or 3rd level I can keep 4 euro pallets ot 2 industrial pallets.

If I receivd pallet from goods receipt of the purchase order for quantity 150 where in I can configure so that this pallet to be moved in 3rd level .At the time of creating TO we are mentioning only storage unit type. so even if I receive same euro pallet with different quantity how SAP can decide whether it goes to Level 2 or Level 3

Bin type will be different according to height . Do I need to configure two storage unit type due to this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Have you already decided what put-away strategy you are going to use or is that still flexible?

Just to confirm, the bin structure; are the bins all in the same storage type and section or is that also still flexible?

I believe the easiest way to achieve what you described is as you said, use different storage unit types and only allow put away in the BIN types that they will fit into but the business may find it troublesome using different storage unit type based on pallet height. You can use this storage unit type check with all put away strategies but keep in mind using any put away strategy is not technically required (user guided put away is efficient in most warehouses).

To answer the question I would say the answer is technically, no, using two storage unit types is not necessarily a requirement because there are various capacity checks that could be used based on what strategy type you are using. It is a practical/good approach regardless (as long as the business agrees)

This link has good details related to the storage unit type check:

Step by Step Approach for Configuration of Warehouse Management

For capacity check methods this link gives very good details if you want to look further into that functionality:

Capacity Check - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Decision on storage type & putaway strategy is stil flexible.

I have planned to use strategy P according to to the pallet for high racks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the meaning on 4 and 2 for EP & IP is this no of pallet or quantity per pallet ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

these are number of pallets