cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming IDOC from client PI to our PI, then to our R3

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have asked this question before but still struggling with this topic.

PI version we are on is 7.1, the IDOC type is CREMAS05, and there is no mapping required. The Business Systems already exist in our SLD.

Client is sending from their PI system to our PI, an IDOC. From there we need to send it from our PI to our R3.

First question is: Do I need to create anything in ESB? I assume so as I need a namespace?

In Integration builder, my scenario is defined with the 3 business systems i.e. BS_CLIENT_PI, BS_OUR_PI, BS_OUR_R3. The Business Systems already exist in our SLD.

I have created 3 communication channels:

CC1:

CC_SOAP_CREMAS_SENDER (for BS_CLIENT_PI). Adapter type SOAP, transport protocol HTTP, message protocol SOAP 1.1

CC2:

CC_SOAP_CREMAS_RECEIVER (for BS_OUR_PI). Adapter type SOAP, transport protocol HTTP, message protocol XI 3.0

CC3:

CC_IDOC_CREMAS05_RECEIVER (for BS_OUR_R3). Adapter type IDOC, transport protocol IDOC, message protocol IDOC  

Do I need to create a target URL for the CC2? Do I need 3 Communication channels?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

You only need two communication channels.

• One is SOAP sender channel to receive the IDOC from client PI system.
  • Second one is IDOC receiver channel to send the IDOC to your ECC system.
  • You need to create one ICO using above two channels (SOAP to IDOC )
  • Generate the WSDL for the ICO and give the WSDL to the client then client will call this web service to send the IDOC from their PI system to your PI system.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thankyou for your help but I still cannot get it to work.

I have set up a communication channel for sender as adapter type SOAP to receive IDOC from PI client. Also I have set up a CC for receiver channel, adapter type IDOC, to send IDOC to my ECC system.

When I try to create the ICO, on the last tab where I click on the drop down list for Receiver Communication Channels, my channel is not there.

Is my Receiver Channel correct?:

regards,

Glen.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>When I try to create the ICO, on the last tab where I click on the drop down list for Receiver Communication Channels, my channel is not there.

Make sure that you have configured the same receiver(for which the above channel has been created for) under second (receiver) tab.

Let'z say if you have created the channel under communication component "BS_Receiver" then assign the same "BS_Receiver" under receiver tab of ICo.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I do this. The name is the same, but when I click on Outbound Processing then in the dropdown list my CC isn't there.

Is there an issue with how I am entering "Receiver Interface and Mappings" in the Receiver Interfaces tab?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see that you have created the channel on Integration server(usual IDOC receiver channel).

ICO only works with the adapters which runs on Adapter engine(Java stack).

As the IDOC_AAE adapter is not available for your release(7.11), you should create a classical scenario but not ICo.

So remove this ICo object and create sender agreement, receiver determination, Interface determination followed by receiver agreement like any other standard configuration.

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

>>Client is sending from their PI system to our PI, an IDOC. From there we need to send it from our PI to our R3.

can anybody help me in understanding, when the sender format is IDOC  than why we are creating SOAP channel?

Answers (0)