cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career as a SAP Programmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am Ramesh from Pune working as a ERP developer & administrator in a small manufacturing company.

I have developed a web based customized ERP solution for the company using ASP.NET C# technology.

This product has the following Modules,

1] Purchase (Purchase Enquiries, Purchase Orders).

2] Inventory (GRN, Raw Material Labeling)

3] Order Processing (Sales Enquiries, Cost Calculations, Quotations, Order Acceptance)

4] Work Orders/ Job Orders

5] Production (Issue Raw Material, Updation of various RM included in Production Process]

6] Sales (Invoice Generation, Despatch Details, Package Labeling)

7] Accounts (Debtors, Creditors)

6] Excise & VAT.

I have 3 - 3.5 years of experience.

I want to know about how can I start my career in filed of ERP with SAP.

And also where can I do certification in Pune.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I am glad to know that you have worked in programming side involving much in Material Management, Inventory Management, Work Order related stuff etc.

Considering the fact that you have come across some of the stuff from the functional side as well during your programming in asp.net technology, it would be definately goood for you to start your career in sap side.

Off course you are a programmar so learning SAP ABAP would be good and nice for you.

• Now lets see how can you start your career in SAP:
  • First: Start learning SAP-ABAP from a small institute of your choice while working.
  • Second:  Get into a group of people vested with similar interest and discuss and learn.
  • Third: Try to get into a small company or firm as a SAP-ABAP Developer.
  • Fourth: Once you are established as a developer try to get into the big organisation.

Companies generally take fresher these days just out of college for this or hier an experienced people who has good amound of sap abap experience instead of trainer hier for domain experienced folks.

Chance of Lateral hier in this case is quite less specifically for sap-abap.

In your case as you are entering into this as a domain experienced candidate so I think the option highlighted above will best suits you.

Talking about certification, it is not a guaruntee that once you are certified you will be able to secure a job as sap abaper so certitification is always a bonus but not a sure short way or passport for you to get into it.

Get back to me in case you have any doubt or need any clarification.

Thanks and have a good day ahead.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasish,

Thank you for your kind and valuable reply.

The only one thing I want to get classified that I am currently having an annual package of 4,20,000 INR so if start with any small company shall I be able to retain this package.

Is my current knowledge mark-able for the industry.

Are there any mode available by which I can start leaning ABAP myself (like Test Server).

Waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh

Answers (0)