Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in text ID in VOTXN tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a sales invoice where in the header level details are coming from text id maintained in VOTXN.

That text is included in smart form and getting printed.

Now my requirement is that for 2 particular billing types Distribution channel and Division should not print.

How can i change that.

Thanks,

Amit Dwivedi

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I think VOTXN only allows you to control the texts by Billing Type, via the Text Determination Procedure. Not by DistrCh + Division.

So if all you need to control is the printing of the text, then a developer can do this quite easily in the Smartform. Each Window on a Smartform can be controlled with conditions, such as VTWEG <> 'XX' and SPART <> 'YY'. As long as the routine generating the Smartform has declared what VTWEG and SPART are, then it's easy to add the Conditions to the Window.

Your invoice document in SAP will still contain the texts, but the Smartform output from this invoice won't.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the reply. If i follow what u have said, then the sales org and Dvision bill not gt printed in smartform. but i dont want that.

i have corporate word after division and stock transfer word after dist channel. i just want those words not getting print for 2 billing types.

have attached file also for ur reference.

Thanks,

Amit Dwivedi

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Not quite. My suggestion relates to the text field on the Smartform. You can constrain when this Text field is displayed by Sales Org and Division (or Distr Channel). But this would not prevent Sales Org and Division from being displayed as well. Those two fields would be represented on the Smartform by their own fields, with no constraint.

I'm sure your Smartform developer can confirm this for you.

We do something similar in our system. We sell to many countries, and make the text that is printed on the bottom of each page different by country using this Smartform constraint. And this doesn't hide or prevent the fields we use in the constraint from being printed.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

What is it that u want not to be printed..? the text or sales org & division,?

If it is the text, then ask the abaper to put a validation for the text printing. The logic can be,

if doc type =xxxx, and  div = yy and sales org = zzzz, then dont fetch the text.

Jobi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to ABAP Development