Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Reset Form for Multiple ABAP and Java Systems IDM 8.0

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i have created Password reset form in IDM 8.0 , now i am able to reset password in systems but when i am resetting password IDM will reset password in ALL Connected server where his id is present.

now i need that user can able to select system where he want to reset password through password reset form.

Thanks,

Mohinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

i have fixed the query with the help of my friend, but now i am at 2nd step and i am not able to find attribute tab in 8.0 i think they remove it.

i have tried to add this attribute in custom parameters but its not working.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

This is not achievable if you are using guided password reset task that comes out of box.

You need to create own custom form. Not sure if its the same in IDM 8.0

Kind regards,

Jai

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

i also tried custom form they also not working, in those form i able to get attribute options but parameters option was missing .

also only there type of form available to create

Regards

Mohinder

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Can you please post document to create selectable repository  password reset form .

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

I have already asked Tero to write a blog on it. Lets await for the blog/document from him. If not, I will write over the weekend. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jai

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Any Update ?

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jai,

we are still waiting for solution on password reset utility in IDM 8 (Without RDS)  where user can select SAP Server where he need to reset his password.

Please guide us.

Regards,

Mohinder Singh

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mohinder,

As instructed earlier you can implement this functionality very easily in SAP IDM 8.0.

Create a Form and fetch the user repositories, call the change password hook for each selected repository to provision the standard or user predefined password.

Best Regards,

Ridouan Taibi

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

I am new in SAP IDM, can you please guide me exact steps I need to follow or can you please create small step by step guide for me ?

Regards,

Mohinder

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

maybe it makes sense for you to just wait for the release of the RDS for 8.0 (planned for 29th September). It will provide other functionalities that you could need if you new to the topic.

Regards

Norman

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Here is the approach without getting into much technical details,

1) Create a new custom MultiValue attribute. In "Attribute Values" tab, write a SQL to fetch the list of repositories that the user has access.

2) Include this attribute in your password reset form. This will show the list of repositories that user has access when they open the form.

3) Then create a job under your password reset form that reads the value of custom attribute and calls password reset hook of those repositories.

Kind regards,

Jai

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

i am not much familer with SQL can please provide me some example .

My repositories  names are eg. S10,S20,S30 also in 8.0 they have changed lot of of things.

Thanks

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Implementing SAP IDM solution out of box is very straight forward. But you should give a thought to learn SQL and Javascript. It's very important to be successful with customization in IDM. There are blogs and sites for self-learn.

select rep_name from MC_REPOSITORY where rep_name in (select right(mcattrname, len(mcattrname) - 7) from idmv_vallink_basic with (nolock) where mskey = %usermskey% and left(mcAttrName, 7) = 'account')

Yup, I understand they changed few things in IDM 8.0. I did not get chance to work with IDM 8.0 yet, so above comment is more coupled with IDM 7.2. Hopefully they are same in IDM 8.0 as well. If they are not, then it will be useful if you post how you implemented this in IDM 8.0. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jai

Message was edited by: Jai Suryan

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Thanks for Reply,

i executed that query directly on sql for testing i login through mxmc_admin id.

i am getting this error  : ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis.

Regards,

Mohinder Singh

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this should be sufficient for the comparison based on account attributes:

select right(mcattrname, len(mcattrname) - 7)

from idmv_vallink_basic

where mskey = %usermskey% and left(mcAttrName, 7) = 'account'

The original script Jai (I guess) referred had data in description column from mc_repository for comparison in the where-clause, which you don't need

select rep_name from MC_REPOSITORY

where rep_name in (select right(mcattrname, len(mcattrname) - 7)

from idmv_vallink_basic

where mskey = %usermskey%

and left(mcAttrName, 7) = 'account')

and left(rep_Description, 4) = 'blah'

order by rep_name

regards, Tero

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And since your Oracle is case sensitive the 'account' has to be uppercase..

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

I think all about sql query are MSSQL query and i am using ORACLE.

Giving me errors.

Regards

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try substr instead of left-function: Oracle substr

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tero,

I tried both query and it worked for me,

select right(mcattrname, len(mcattrname) - 7)

from idmv_vallink_basic

where mskey = %usermskey% and left(mcAttrName, 7) = 'account'

select rep_name from MC_REPOSITORY where rep_name in (select right(mcattrname, len(mcattrname) - 7) from idmv_vallink_basic with (nolock) where mskey = %usermskey% and left(mcAttrName, 7) = 'account')

May be Mohinder did not copy paste properly.

Password reset task with option to select repository seems to be coming from many ppl. Will you be able to create a blog with details on how to achieve this, as it is your idea in 1st place?

Kind regards,

Jai

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai, your query works fine. What I meant that the join to the mc_repository is not needed as your version was not reading anyhting from the mc_repository. Just filter the user's account attributes and take away the 'account'-part with string manipulation function of the DBMS.

regards, Tero