cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimension property is giving different property values in EPM add in

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have 2 issues in BPC where a dimension property is giving values of different property of same dimension in EPM Add-in. Let's say, property1 is having values a,b,c and property2 is having values INC, EXP. In EPM Add-in when I am selecting property1 then I am seeing INC,EXP instead of a,b,c however the values are correct in Admin client and backend BW.

The other issue I have is of hierarchy. Hierarchy is looking fine in Admin client but one member let's say C1 which should come up under C hierarchy is not coming up under any hierarchy. I have processed the dimension but no luck.

I have tried by Clear Metadata Cache and Refresh Dimension but didn't get expected results.

Any ideas?? I am using EPM Add-in Version 10.0 SP15 Patch 1.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You need to tell your client to install the new EPM patch, its a front end installation. no system downtime is required.

Your SP15 is way too old.

Andy

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

Please check my answer in the below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/message/15595062#15595062

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

for the second issue please try below.

Please run UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE for the dimension in scope.

log off and login again the excel.

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh/ Shrikant

Thanks for your reply.

Shrikant - I cannot upgrade to the newer version as I am working on a client machine.

Dinesh - For issue 2, I have tried by "Clear Metadata Cache" and "Refresh Metadata for Current Connection" and I think UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE  will work same. Isn't it?

Thanks,

Gaurav

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

did you run the programs for issue 1? is the issue resolved?

for issue 2: please reprocess the dimension in the front end(try changing the description and process it again) then  "Clear Metadata Cache" and "Refresh Metadata for Current Connection" , log off the excel and login again.

if issue still persists then u have to run the program from the backend UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE.

logoff and login again.

i have followed the same procedure and it worked for me.

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Not sure about exact cause but  you must upgrade EPM SP to 21.

Shrikant