Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ For User Defaults

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I followed the guide on setting up user defaults but I'm having some trouble with it. Basically, I followed this guide.

Now in that guide, it shows that a loop must be created as well as a ruleset, but it doesn't show what should go into the ruleset. 

When I create the loop,  here's what happens.

Do you have more information on getting this application for user defaults setup?

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Basically what loop does is based on the connector value it should return the User Default ID.

So, in your loop you need to change the User Default ID after processing your decision table.

Same your ruleset also updates the User default ID after processing the loop.

Regards,

Madhu.

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for that input.  I went through it all once again and I got it to work but I have an issue.

Basically, in my decision table, if I remove the CONNECTOR (System), then I am able to get the application to return a value - but that's not going to work for me.

I need the decision table to return a value based on the CONNECTOR input.

However, despite my providing a valid value for CONNECTOR (System), the decision table seems to not match correctly.

Here's a screenshot of a simulation.

Clearly, my REQTYPE is being matched towards the bottom of the screenshot.  But the CONNECTOR variables is a blank, despite my having entered a value for it.  I'm not clear whether I missed a step, but it would seem that the loop and the ruleset are working as this will return a valid match if the CONNECTOR were to have a value.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Santosh