cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the approver from a basic approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you all,

I am building a custom process which requires a basic approval. When an approver approves or rejects the basic approval in the TODO tab, I need to be able to access the approver's mskey during the process that follows the approval. I have attached a screenshot of where I require the approver's mskey.

Please let me know if you can be of any help!

Thanks!

Anu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Emanuil was able to help me out on this. The value of the approver is in the view, idmv_linkaudit_basic. It is with a linkid of -1 but the approver is stored in the responsible MSKEY. I am still able to use the referral attribute on my basic approval and all is well!

Thanks!

Anu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

In writeAttestationApproval, if you have any pass with option "Retrieve attributes from pending value" checked, then you can get the approver from attribute "MX_APPROVERS"

Let me know if you still did not figure out. Then we need to have screenshot of the destination tab of the pass in writeAttestationApproval task.

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I tried to get the approvers from MX_APPROVERS, but when I write to the log, I see that the attribute is undefined.

Here is a snapshot of the destination tab:

Please let me know your thoughts. Right now, the script just approves the attestation and inserts a comment into the link audit table.

Anu

emanuil_ivanov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

MX_APPROVERS is an attribute which is used only with assignment approvals, that's why the value is empty.

For basic approvals, the approvers mskeys are written in the mxp_taskaccess table.  This is because determining approvers for basic approval tasks is much like determining who has access to a certain task.

You could try a SELECT statement for this table via the uSelect function in the script itself, which can list all the mskeys of the approvers in the task. Note that this will work only if the approvers are added as entries in the approver's list, not as referral or filter.

Best Regards,

Emanuil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuil,

I cannot remove the referral since it is based on the owners of a specific business role and approvers change depending on which business role is going through approval.

Do you know of any way to record the approver's mskey through a extension validation framework task?

Regards,

Anu

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

So you are using Attestation task and not an approval task. I havent worked on attestation before.

Can you post the destination tab for "SetAppr" task?

May be you should check the attribute "MX_ATTESTER" instead of MX_APPROVER

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

No, I am not using an attestation task. It is only a basic approval.

The SetAppr task is disabled. It was just a task for me to evaluate what is coming through.

Regards,

Anu

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would using %ADMINMSKEY% work here in getting the logged-in user's MSKEY?

regrards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tero,

I tried that and it does not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Anu