cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 8 -- Internal Error: Something went wrong

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not what you want to see when logging in.

Based on mention, I've bypassed SSL on my IDM 8 setup.  However when I login, I get this message:

I've checked the login that I used, and first it seemed that I had set an non productive password, so I reset it and tried again.  Still failed.  I then verified that I had the correct password by logging into the UME with these credentials.  No problem there.

Here's my com.sap.idm.dev-studio-userinterface.prefs file

CLIENT_LOG_LEVEL=Info

EMSCONFIG=<?xml version\="1.0" encoding\="UTF-8" standalone\="no"?>\r\n<mx\:EMS xmlns\:mx\="http\://www.maxware.com/EMS">\r\n<mx\:EMSDEFS>\r\n<mx\:EMSDB Name\="LocalTest2008">\r\n<ConnectionString/>\r\n<AppServerIp>localhost</AppServerIp>\r\n<AppServerPort>50001</AppServerPort>\r\n<AppName>idmdevstudio</AppName>\r\n<DbAlias>jdbc/IDM_DataSource_DevStudio</DbAlias>\r\n</mx\:EMSDB>\r\n<mx\:EMSDB Name\="Test">\r\n<ConnectionString/>\r\n<AppServerIp>localhost</AppServerIp>\r\n<AppServerPort>50000</AppServerPort>\r\n<AppName>idmdevstudio</AppName>\r\n<DbAlias>jdbc/IDM_DataSource_DevStudio</DbAlias>\r\n</mx\:EMSDB>\r\n</mx\:EMSDEFS>\r\n</mx\:EMS>\r\n

ENABLE_PACKAGE_DIFF=true

ENABLE_PACKAGE_DIFF_JQUERY_LIB=C\:\\jQuery\\jquery-1.11.2.min.js

ENABLE_PACKAGE_VIEW=true

GET_GUID_FUNCTION=true

RESET_LOG_ON_RESTART=true

IS_HTTPS=false

eclipse.preferences.version=1

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

it may sound strange but we have monitored this error when the naming of the data source is custom like yours. Could you please change it as in the documentation - DevStudio and try again. Otherwise 50000 is non SSL and the comments above are correct that is better to use it.

Nevertheless please try changing the name because it might be hardcoded somewhere.

And how about trying to change jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databasename=mxmc_db; instead of database

Regards

Todor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my sandbox installation I am using a custom datasource name without any problems.

I also tested both wit database=MXMC_db and databasename=MXMC_db and both is working, but this may be related to the version of the jdbc driver, I am not sure.

But again, if you have a case sensitive installation, both MXMC_db and MXMC_admin has to be in the correct case. If this is not correct, you get: Internal error: Something went wrong.

Regards,

Ole K.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will take a look at what you and Ole have mentioned and report back.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Gone through above thread and created data source with name as  per standard documentation.

I am receiving different responses for diffrent users.

1. MXMC1_ADMIN

2. tstuser (not created anywhere)

Does this mean the JDBC connection is ok ??

Have you come across such situation

I am on UNIX OS for IDM 8 installation?

Regards,

Yatin Phad

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

Not really sure at this point.  If the User is in NW then you should be able to log in.

Only other things are:

1. Make sure the user is in NW an has correct permissions per the documentation.

2. Make sure that the IDM datasource is setup correctly (I know there have been some issues here)

3. Check SSL settings?

Matt

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

i have seen in this blog users are bypassing ssl in IDM.

but i want to say this is not a good idea because when you configure password reset page later system again give you error regarding secure communication between UME and IDM . because system is using ssl communication for storing password in UME .

Regards

Mohinder

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohinder,

Good point, but SSL should not be mandatory.  I believe it to be unnecessary for development work. So there should be workaround for non Production instances.

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Todor,

That seems to have done it.  One other note, I had to remove and readd the configuration, I couldn't just keep changing the configuration setup.

Now to get the %#!@ SSL working!

Matt

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I had the same error message because the datasource for connection from dev studio to db was missing, did you created both datasources?

1. Adding the Database as the Data Source (in documentation named IDM_Datasource_DevStudio)

==> for connection to dev studio

2. Adding the Identity Management Database as a DataSource (in doc named IDM_Datasource)

==> for provisioning

It was not very clear when I first went thru the documentation but you need to create both of them.

Only the name and the users to configured are different.

Krz,

Laurent

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Where in the documentation wast this?  What user needs to be configured for it? _Prov?

Thanks,

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, definite progress, thanks Laurent!

Now I just get login failed.

I have https still turned off, what port should I be connecting on? 50000 or 50001?

Matt

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Good news 🙂

Port without SSL is 5000 on my system.

The user to logon with needs to be created in the database (with admin roles) and in the UME (where you can add the password).

There is a specific file in the package to create the user in the database (part of procedure below)

Krz,

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt, Laurent,

Just a couple of comments:

You should of cource use SSL for the Developer Studio connection to avoid sending cleartext passwords.

Yes, the user needs to be created in UME, but no specific IDM roles are needed. All authorisations are set in the IdM db. (Do not confuse Developer Studio users with IdM users.)

The initial Developer Studio user is created in the IdM db during IdM 8 installation, you only need to add it to UME.

Additional Developer Studio users are first created in UME, and then from Developer Studio, they are created in the IdM db.

The script is there just for an emergency.

Regards,

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I fully agree, error message like that is not what you want to see!

I have seen this before, and it could be caused by a bad configuration of the Developer Studio Datasource.

Make sure you use the <prefix>_admin user for the database connection.

If this is correct, check the developer traces in AS Java.

Regards,

Ole K.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ole,

Looks like my connection is set right:

How does one check the trace?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Is this where you had a case sensitive installation? Could the username be MXMC_admin?

You will find the developer traces when you log on to Netweaver as Administrator. Go to Troubleshooting - Logs and Traces. and select Log Viewer.

On the new page, select View/Developer trace.

Regards,

Ole K.