Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpicking with opportunistic cross docking

jeff_smith4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am testing Opportunistic cross docking involving inbound production TRs and outbound delivery documents.  I have made all of the applicable customizing settings.  When creating the TO for the outbound delivery picking, the system is correctly finding the open putaway TO from the production order goods receipt.  The putaway TO line is cancelled and the picking TO from the outbound delivery is updated to remove the stock from the interim storage bin in the 901 storage type.  The issue I am having is that the TO for the outbound delivery is 'overpicking' the quantity from the storage bin in the 901 location.

Example:  Putaway TO from the TR has a total quantity of 18 EA - 2 TO lines of 9 EA per line.

Outbound delivery quantity is for 36 EA.  I have 27 EA in stock in the warehouse in their normal storage bins.  During TO creation for the outbound delivery, at first it seems to correctly create the TO for 9 EA and subsequently cancel the first putaway TO line item of 9 EA. However, clicking enter a few times the quantity on the picking TO changes to the full 36 EA, which will draw the interim 901 location negative.  I would expect the system to pick the 18 EA from the 901 location (subsequently canceling the TOs from the TR) and then pick the remaining 18 EA from the normal inventory locations.

I have checked OSS and I can't find anything that is relevant to our ECC6 EHP6 release (we are not using SCM or EWM). Is anyone having this issue where the system is 'overpicking' from the inbound interim storage bin?

Thanks.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeff_smith4
Explorer
0 Kudos

After thinking more about, I guess since negative stock is allowed in the storage type, the system doesn't get triggered to move on to the next storage type since the full quantity can be removed (driving it negative).

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct, have you tested de-selecting the allow negative stocks?

jeff_smith4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jacob,

Yes, I after I posted that message I retested and it worked as I expected.  The only downside is that any GR reversals for the production orders will go to COGI due to the fact that 901 no longer allows negative stocks, but this is not that big of a deal. 

Thanks for confirming my thinking.

Jeff

Answers (0)