Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with W2012, MS SQL Server 2012 and two instances in MS SQL;

1) Default instance on NetWeaver AS JAVA collation

2) Named instance called ICDB for the IDM Identity Center, on IDM collation

My question is this:

- running the mxmc-test script only seems to test against the default instance. I looked at the provided code of the baseline download (SP0) and the mxmc-test.cmd script issues an osql (actually, this is deprecated for SQL 2012, should use SQLCMD) with a parameter I cannot place:

osql -h-1 -i.....

When I run it and enter localhost\ICDB, it does not seem to use that. Also, in my response I get an access denied in the PowerShell I am running the script in, but it does list the databases in the default instance. It does not list the IDM DBs I did manage to install in the named instance already with the mxmc-install script.

I tested the sa user and password access to the ICDB instance using the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and this works.

Should this mxmc-test script be modified to use the -H <hostname>\<instancename>. What does this -h-1 do?

Anyone run into this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I've been testing and modified the mxmc-test.cmd like this and it works:

osql -U %OSQLUSER% -P %OSQLPASSWORD% -S %OSQLUSERVER% -i mxmc-test.sql -n -w 256 > mxmc-test.log

I'll submit a ticket to IDM support to see if they want to adopt this.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Yes it appears that the script does not support named instances out of the box, which is typical based on the documentation. 

This is an optional step, and there are a number of ways to check connectivity.  I'd recommend doing whatever works best for you.

Glad you got it working!

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

In IdM 8 the osql is removed and sqlcmd is used, but mxmc-test still does not support named instance.

The option -h-1 means: Do not print a header.

Regards,

Ole K.

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I've sent in the changes to SAP that I think we need for the scripts (mxmc-test isn't the only one that does not use the OSLQSERVER parameter in it's calls). I guess we'll find out if they make it to development backlog or not. In the meantime, the mod I presented above works, so I've modified by SP0 scripts and SP9 update scripts manually for now.