cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Scope & 'PUSH'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to check my understanding of life of the 'args' variables in a Personas script.

If I copy an on screen variable, it is available for use within the same script and therefore I can paste the saved variable to perhaps an area of a different flavour further down my script.

If however in my main script (MS1) I copy a variable - VARA contains the value 'hello'....

... and then in the course of that script, I make a conditional choice; If Condition A PUSH Button 1 (sub-script 1); If Condition B PUSH Button 2 (SS2), etc...

.... will VARA still contain 'hello' when I try to pick it up in SS1 and SS2?

I seem to be getting inconsistent results and hence I'm getting a little confused.

Any advice much appreciated,

Thanks.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

yes..

VARA should be available in both MS1 and SS1/SS2

What kind of inconsistent result you are seeing?

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sushant - To have that point confirmed is helpful.

Please see my new post/question Control Not Found Scripting Error for no obvious reason - SP3 and you will see the kind of strange behaviours that seem to be occurring.

It maybe there is something fundamentally wrong in my understanding of refresh screen or switch flavour or something but I don't always get the result I expect or want.

The script referred to in my new post is a test script specifically designed to try and fully understand why my results with variables, scripts and buttons gives me inconsistent answers and at this stage I have stripped it back to just the copy and paste over a couple of screens (no PUSH at tis stage) and now I'm getting (what to me anyway) is an inexplicable error.

Regards.

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Here is an example of an inconsistency that drives me mad, wastes a lot of time and leaves me unsure of how this is supposed to work.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does no one have any thoughts on this?