Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with OData Collection in Template Customization Web IDE

marcin_czarny_nype
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created my simple service in SEGW and I try use it in the application created in SAP Web IDE.

I'm creating new project from menu File, New, Project from Template. I'm choosing SAP Fiori Master Detail Application giving a name of project. 

I have a problem with step 3rd - Data Connection and 4th - Template Customization. I can easily select the system (which previously plugged) and the service, but in the next step I have problem. In step fourth I can't add OData Collection for Master or Detail Section.

In my opinion my system is connected properly, because other (any) services allows me to choose a Odate Collection - including those created by me alone in SEGW.

I'll add that service which allow to choose OData Collection was created using BAPI. Service which are posing the problem was created from DDIC Structure, but I don't know if it's relevant. Furthermore, all services created by me have implemented the methods GET_ENTITYSET and GET_ENTITY.

Can You help me?

Thanks in advance

Marcin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor

It seems that you need to mark entity set as addressable. Please check for more details.

Regards,

Chandra

marcin_czarny_nype
Participant
0 Kudos

Marking Entity Set as addressable solved my problem and now I can choose OData Collection in 4th step called Template Customization.

Thanks everyone for help!

Regards

Marcin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

I have had similar problem on local WebIDE.

In my Service there are 2 entity sets defined, I can see them in the Data Connection step  under the service I created, but when I reach Template Customization stage, I can see only one of them in the Odata Collection dropdown.

I ticked check-box for addressable in SEGW; but my metadata says for one of the entity set as addressable:false.

I am not sure how and what is causing the same.

Thankyou

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you try this to make sure that metadata file is returning odata collection properly?

1. export metadata.edmx file from GW system

2. Under data connection > File system> .edmx file

Regards,

JK

seVladimirs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Since you said that other services are working fine I would assume an issue is with your service itself.

Can you please re-generate your project artifacts in SEGW, and make sure that your service is returning metadata.xml - try to call your service directly in your browser, e.g.

http://<destination>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZXXX/$metadata

marcin_czarny_nype
Participant
0 Kudos

I make sure and my service returning metadata at

http://<destination>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZXXX/$metadata

What's more, my service show data stored in collection dirrectly in browser at 

http://<destination>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/sap/Z_Service_Name_XXX/Collection_Name_XXX

and in GW Client.

seVladimirs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

would you mind to share your $metadata, please remove server destination from it before sending...