cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer has recently encountered a problem when trying to open most of their pdfs that they have been referencing for years on their pc.  Reader has a popup box that says "Adobe Reader could not open 'file.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded

I have tried various programs to recover/restore/repair them, they all say the files aren't PDF files.  I have not paid for any recovery programs but would be willing to if they can demonstrate they can fix the problem first.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

f you use a PC, you can use software you already have on your computer to retrieve some of the content. Right-click on the corrupt file and choose ‘Open With’ and select the Notepad program that comes bundled with every copy of Windows. The resulting file will contain a lot of coding but within that coding you will see the content. This is perhaps a only really viable with text-only PDFs as when you are dealing with images and forms, Notepad will be swamped with coding and finding the text can be the proverbial needle in the haystack.

Or

PDF Repair Kit. A comprehensive Adobe PDF Repair Tool for fast, smooth and hassle-free recovery of data from damaged Adobe PDF documents. If you don’t know how to repair corrupt PDF files damaged in a system crash, this program is exactly what you need to get the job done in seconds!

For more: http://www.adobepdf.repair/

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

This issue is happening due to validity of Adobe reader rights. The server date and time and document creation date and time are conflicting.  Read the blog below.

Understand validity of a ReaderRights Credential in a PDF generated from SAP Adobe Document Services...

Problem while openning Interactive Form

Regards

Sandy

Regards

Sandy

Message was edited by: Sandy !