Installation NW 7.4 SR2 ABAP fails due to missing TEMPLICENSE
we are installing NetWaever 7.4 SR 2 ABAP Server with SWPM SP7
The Installation stops with Error
Test logon to SAP System BAD failed.
SOLUTION: Make sure that the system is started, that the user DDIC exists and that the password of user DDIC is correct.
We found out, that the templicense was not installed.
When we try to install a templicense from OS we get the error:
Specify your SAP System ID:
SAP SYSTEM ID = BAD
saplicense: Temporary license NOT installed
*** No old or expired license found
After this we tried to login to SAP. This was only possible with user SAP* and 06071992. There we started SAPLICENSE and tried F5 (Install temporary license), but this ended with error
Error when fetching the possible SW products for temporary license key
Message no. SLIC315
We ordered the "real" license from SAP but we cannot install this, because the license library is not installed at this time.
Thomas Mühl replied
for information, we changed kernel SAPEXE* to newest stack 101 on the kernel medium before starting installation.
But we found a workaround.
1) order saplicense from SSM (saplicense -get)
2) logon with SAP* and 06071992
3) TA slicense
4) install license (error appears that library is not initializied)
5) shutdown sap, download kernelpatches (newest dw114 + saplicense111)
6) update kernel with patches
7) startup sap
8) logon with SAP*
9) check slicense (there should be the two new licenses from SSM but with Status "temp")
10) continue installation
11) after finishing installation logon to SAP and delete licenses
12) install licenses again