cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: How to catch the selection event of a dropdown list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 2.0 experts,

The use case:

I want to use a text field to show the "key" of an item that can be selected in a dropdown list.

The issue:

After clicking the list and selecting an item, the text field is not automatically updated with the newly selected item content.

Anyone has an idea to how make such an auto update (pls note I don't want to use an extra button to do the update, just by clicking the list only)?

Thx.

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To display the key (the actual value) that's selected in a dropdown, there is a property called ShowKeys which you could set.

However if you'd want to show the selected value in another field upon picking an option, this would require an event associated in Personas 2.0 with the selection of a dropdown value. This is currently not available so I'm afraid what you are looking for is not possible.

Edit: It turns out I was wrong... there is an option (at least it's there in SP3) which allows linking a script button to the dropdown property OnValueChanged, so you can use this to do any script action you need when the user selects a value.

(thanks, Sushant )

Message was edited by: Tamas Hoznek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for the info. I cheked P2, unfortunately there is no "OnValueChanged" prop for the dropdown list. There seems no other way than using an extra button to take an action based on the selection.

Br,

Dong

0 Kudos

hi dong,

as tamas suggested, you should find that property in properties inspector for a dropdown with the latest SP.

Sushant

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yeah, just install SP3 (which you should anyway, regardless of this feature) and you'll have what you're looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant and Tamas,

Many thanks for the info. We will upgrade Personas 2.0 to SP3, then I will try this again. 🙂

Br,

Dong

Answers (0)