cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Lot-for-lot Procedure and Periodic Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

For some of our products to be purchased, we want to combine both procedures in the Lot-Size procedures of the product:

- Lot for lot procedure

- Periodic procedure

What do we want to accomplish?

After having done an Optimzer, we want to run the heuristic SAP_PP_002 to create requisitions and then we want to execute a fix pegging so that the requisition is reserved for that specific production order (one on one relation between the production order and the requisition).

When running a Planning of Standard lots (Heuristic SAP_PP_002) in the planning run we should be able to respect the lotsizes as required for each production order and at the same time the requisition should be available on Tuesday or Friday during that week.

When I set up the Lot for lot procedure, and I run the heuristic, I get requisitions with the exact lot size as required for the production order (most of the times 1 pc, sometimes 2 or more ...) but then I cannot force them to be available on these Tuesdays or Fridays. When I use the Periodic Procedure, I have the requisitions available on the defined dates according to the planning calendar, but it groups all the requirements into 1 requisition per period. With this result it's not possible to have a 1 on 1 relation between the production order and the requisition.

Anybody having any suggestion?

Thank you!

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found the solution in the meantime ...

Copy the heuristic SAP_PP_002 and modify by activating the flag "Use Total Receipts" and keep the Periodical lot size procedure on your product or have that also set up on the heuristic.

Regards,

Philippe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Philippe,

You can use the 'Receiving Calendar' in Location master to have receipts available on Tesdays/Fridays and keep the Lot for Lot settings.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Thanks for your answer ...

When I would define a Receiving Calendar in my location (factory), then all purchasing would be based on that same calendar. We only want to do this for some of the products (all grouped in one specific production planner).

Regards,

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

Can you please check with calendat in Transportaion Lane then.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

I have been setting up the CIF to have the purchase info record in APO + defined Means of Transport 0001 (Truck) with a Transportation Calendar. That is all I had to do, correct?

The product is set up with a Lot for lot sizing.

When running the heuristic SAP_PP_002, I get the result with lot for lot but it doesn't respect the calendar defined in the Transportation Lane.

I'm never used Transportation Lanes before and we are only using PP/DS, not TP ... maybe that is why it's not working? Or what am I doing wrong?

I also tried to create a heuristic with lot for lot and a second one based on periodic procedure. I thought maybe to create requisitions with the first one and then adjust the dates of both requistions with the period. When testing both after each other, it recreates in stead of adjusting the dates.

Thanks for your help

Philippe