cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete the alerts from inboxes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have been doing a lot of testing with alerts. As a result, there are now thousands of alerts in our inboxes.

I have tried to delete mine using the Alert Inbox in the RWB. But, this is taking quite some times. It is quite a time-consuming process. It would be too much of a waste of time for everyone to go thru the same way.

Is there a tool or utility we can use to delete all the alerts based on date/time and/or alert category?

Thanks,

Chi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you should be able to do this.

Logon to ABAP of the server which hosts the alerts, probably your XI server. Then, execute the transaction ALRTDISP. You will get a screen to filter the alerts, based on category and/or dates. If you enter nothing, then all the alerts will be displayed.

Once the alerts are displayed, you can sort them by different columns, e.g. by category or date, and select the ones you want to delete and click on the delete button (or trash can).

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Is there a way to do this automatically? Like a job that will delete the alerts once or twice a day? Also, will the message in Alerts Inbox in RWB be deleted as well or only alert messages in ABAP?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI William,

Any updates please?