cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java client connection issue from remote system

0 Kudos

Hi

I have started ESP server (in windows) and connected to it via studio (also in same system) and

while using java client from another system to connect to this server  i get  below execption though i gave URL with IP address for this java client to connect.

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed call to:http://localhost:65535/RPC2 (Failed to read server's response: Connection refused)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.internal.ProjectGateway.isBigEndian(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.impl.ProjectImpl.doUpdatePropertiesFromProject(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.impl.ProjectImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at com.sybase.esp.sdk.impl.ProjectImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.iot.connector.component.esp.ESPConnector$3.call(ESPConnector.java:279)

... 5 more

do i have to do any additional settings ?

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The problem appears to be the localhost reference in the error message.

If you try to connect from a different system then localhost is not the same as on the system where you start the ESP server on.

The cluster configuration must still have localhost references in its definition.

Try to modify this configuration and replace localhost with full machine names or otherwise ip addresses. Then redeploy and start the cluster again and retry.

Ben

0 Kudos

Hi ben

Thanks for reply, I guess when start the project from studio with URL like "esp://localhost:9786" remote connections are not possible.

I am trying to start the cluster i.e ">start_node.bat node1" and connect remote systems on port 19011

I have other problem i am followingup on threads on these issues

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed, I saw it uses localhost in its studio.xml cluster configuration.

The example cluster created by the installer might be a better basis for remote tests.

Ben