Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW MDX Query - Business view manager

former_member194340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to create a list of values in business view manager based on a BEx Query.

But after creating a connection to the BW System, i am not able to get any query shown (no items found).

Configuration:

SAP BW 7.31 SP5

BO 4.0 SP7

Any ideas? maybe a specific bw transport?

Regards,

Zaki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria,

You need to make sure the 'correct' transports are loaded on the SAP BW System and the right Authorizations are configured for the connected user.

The 'correct' transports are the ones that are come with the CR installation files. Each version of CR (including Service Packs) comes with different versions of transports.

Since this is a BEx query, the best practise is to create a 'variable' in the BEx query.

-Abhilash

former_member194340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilah,

thanks for reply.

I found this SNOTE very helpful:

1921554 - How to verify the version of the SAP Integration Kit Transports loaded on the SAP Netweaver or SAP BW System?

Regards,

Zaki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If, after making sure that you have the correct transports installed, you still can't get this to show up in BVM, you could try this:

1.  Create a report that contains just the data that you want to show in the prompt.

2.  Create a dynamic prompt in the report to show the data that you want to use.

3.  Publish the report to your Favorites folder in BO, making sure to turn on the option to save repository objects.

This will automatically create the LOV and its supporting objects in BVM.  You should then be able to edit them as necessary to set up the automatic login for the connection and anything else you need to do.

-Dell

former_member194340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

this is a great tip from you. I'm going to remember for the future

Regards,

Zaki