Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Work center mapping

Dear Guru`s,

I`m a CO consultant and has very little knowledge of PP module. I`m facing difficulties to find out how many work centers should be created,below is the scenario:

It`s a chemical manufacturing industry and PP module is already implemented with make to stock scenario with Process orders. 1 Plant is consider as 1 work center. The process flow is below"

RW1 and RW2 is inserted in a reactor and with the process called "chlorination" FG1,FG2,FG3 are the output we get. Now these 3 FG`s is inserted in a Column and with the process called as Distillation FG1 is removed from the combination of FG1,2,3 again with the same distillation process but in different Column FG2 is removed from the remaining combination of FG2,3 and again with the process called "Crystallization" the last FG3 is removed in different column.  The activities performed are water,labour,steam and power. Attached is the flow chart diagram of the process.

Now my confusion is :

• How many work centers should be created so that I can get the exact cost of FG1,2,3.
  • In current scenario 1 work center is created for 1 plant.Is it the right approach.
  • What all activities I should consider as Activity types in CO module.

Please help...

Regards

Nitisha

Process.png (12585 B)
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question