Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Namespase definition is already locked in change list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem while creating namespace under SWCV. I get below error -

" Namespace Definition is already locked in change list Standard Change List by user xyz If necessary, you can reassign the

other users change list to yourself ".

Trouble is there is no change list for that user so I cannot take any action (e.g. transfer to my ID) on the change list.

There is no lock in the system and I have tried full CPA cache refresh just in case.

Could you please help me here?

Regards,

Pratibha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

It took quite a lot of time to work with SAP and sort this issue out but it did work in the end.

For the benefit of everyone, below is the DB query that needs to be run -

delete from SAPXIDDB.xi_repsyncadmin where changelistid = "changelistid"

Please ensure to run commit.

It worked for me.

Thanks a lot everyone for your help.

Regards,

Pratibha

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cool.....Please close the thread

Thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiwari,

It seems that XYZ user is created some namespace but yet not activated.

So that's why that SWCV is not allowing to create new namespaces.

Just ask the user to check in their Change List and activate whatever he created in the SWCV.

Then you will try it will work.

vijayanandpaul_puvvula3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

This can happen if the User in change mode in namespace has abruptly terminated the session. The lock is not removed. Did you try NWA for the User on whom the Namespace is locked ?

Rgds,

Paul Puvvula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

There is no lock in NWA either. Is there anything on UME level you want me to try?

Regards,

Pratibha

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

It seems there is some inconsistency that could have occurred in the backend SAP tables during namespace creation

Please check SAP note: 1399960. The sql queries needs to be executed by BASIS team. The sql queries should be executed in trial & error mode

Note: I have faced a similar issue for value mapping creation from Integration Directory and the above SAP note helped us to resolve issue

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have tried SAP Note 2096265 and 1399960. As per the SQL queries there are no dangling objects in the system and couldn't see any helpful result.

Queries to get the db inconsistency returned " no rows selected".

Regards,

Pratibha

rathansekhar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to clear Java Virtual Machine Cache and check.

http://host:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/com.sap.xi.adminweb/AdminApp

Regards,

Rathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rathan,

Thanks for your response. I tried that before but it didn't work either.

Regards,

Pratibha

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check if there is any existing change list on the object as mentioned in the error message?

(go to change list tab -> display filters -> change the user to "xyz")

If so transfer it to yourself and activate/reject the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

If only it was that simple. As I mentioned in my original post, there is no change list existed in the system and that's where I am struggling. I couldn't find any dangling change list at the database level either ( refer to SAP Note 2096265 and 1399960).

Regards,

Pratibha

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Can you please try finding the lock object by using below URL

http://Host:port/dir/support/public/LockAdminService

You need admin rights for the same.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

There is no lock in the system.

Regards,

Pratibha

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

If i remember correctly you can see the push button at the top right corner with 'Display Active Version' click on that button and do the changes and try to save and activate.It should fix your issues.I faced the same issues after our PI system upgraded.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

There is no lock in the Administration for the name space.

@ Pavan - I cannot see a push button in this PI version ( it's 7.11).

Moreover if I try to activate the historic version, it says change list does not exist. I am running out of the ideas here.

Regards,

Pratibha

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathibha,

Please check the SAP Note: 2096265 and if need take help from the Basis to implement the note.

Even if the note still does not resolve the issue.Please raise OSS ticket with SAP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pavan.

SAP note 2096265 didn't help either so I guess only solution is to go for OSS ticket unless someone comes up with another solution which does magic.

Regards,

Pratibha

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Its sad that the SAP note did not help you.I would suggest you please report the issue directly to SAP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I know it's irnonical that I couldn't find a solution for this issue. I've raised OSS note with SAP to look into this and shall update the post once I get some solution from them.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Pratibha

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Please go to the Administration option in the pi tools screen. and in the navigation there is an option in lock overview. Please check whether your namespace is listed in that if it is present please select and remove lock. then you will be able to create or activate in Enterprise service repository.

Thanks

Giridhar