Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM actions: how to sequence it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem in my Incident Mgmt process:

I have scheduled two actions which should be executed one after another.

1. Dispatch: User can select action "dispatch" from the  action menue and save: in the background SolMan is changing the status of the incident to "forwarded" (E0009) and the support team field (from the 1st level team to second level team) by using a PFAC rule --> this is working fine

The schedule condition is: when user status = "in process" (E0002) (dispatch action is only available for the user when incident is in this previous user status)

2. Email to second level team in status forwarded: here SolMan sends an email to the email adress of the support team (which is a BP with proper maintained email adress) to inform the new team that there is a ticekt waiting for processing by the team --> this is working fine as well

The startcondition is when user status "forwarded" (E0009)

BUT my issue is: SolMan did execute both actions fine (they are executed with same time stamp so I assume simultaniously) but in most cases he sends the Email first to the support team BEFORE switching the team by Dispacth action. So Email in most cases sent to wrong support team.

I asked this question to SAP but they said it is customer customizing and no support areas anymore

Does anybody has an idea what is the root cause? Did I customize it totally wrong?

Any help or idea is very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Tanja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,thanks for your comments and tipps. But I think I figured out the issue.

My 1st action for Suport team change and status change I use the SAP Standard processing method AI_SDK_MSG_DISPATCH which has following activites (change status, delete processor and find support team); in parallel the email sending action is executed. I assume that status change triggers simultaniuously the email sending and the support team change is executed to late.

Solution would be two change the both action completely. One action for status change, another for support team change and email sending with method AI_SDK_TEAM_MAIL_DET (which has support team determination and email notification included).

BR

Tanja

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanja

Nice to hear that. !! Please close this thread so that it will be helpful for others.

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any progress?

Regards

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you change to immediate processing for dispatch action and then see if it works fine. You can change in action processing, By default it will be processing after save.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

I did test this as well but than something strange happens:

Action dispatch executed immediatly

Action Email executed after save

BUT than the Email action was not executed anymore.

So I am really at a loss with this issue.

So one idea from my side is to create only one action with includes activities

1. switch status to forwarded

2. change support team

3 send email

But I do not know if this is possible with normal cutsomizing. Do you have experience in such a case?

BR
Tanja

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not get your point here, you want to execute the email action twice then you need to set the highest number of unprocessed actions.

How you are changing your support team now and what is your expected behaviour.

you can do this first by creating the action HF_SET_STATUS and then change the support team after that process the email action. I would suggest schedule the immediate processing for support team determination and I hope you were processing the same through BRF plus.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tanja!

I had a problem with sending e-mail too. It was when I made such customizing for RfC.

As Rishav suggested you should set different value for "Sort order"

Also, I recommend using "Schedule condition" for action "Email to second level ..." too. In your case it will be "Schedule condition" = E0002.

It helped to solve my issue.

I hope it will help you

Yuliya