cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVER DOWN - Process to reover

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to recover the oracle database and got the following message. Seem to me,

NDVarch1_1587.dbf is created and it is still in the database. Util we open the database, we cann't force it to move to archive directory....

Any suggestion?

SQL> startup mount

ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 1213418128 bytes

Fixed Size 727696 bytes

Variable Size 654311424 bytes

Database Buffers 557056000 bytes

Redo Buffers 1323008 bytes

Database mounted.

SQL> recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;

ORA-00279: change 882173081 generated at 04/11/2007 17:14:20 needed for thread

ORA-00289: suggestion : /oracle/NDV/saparch/NDVarch1_1587.dbf

ORA-00280: change 882173081 for thread 1 is in sequence #1587

Specify log: {<RET>=suggested | filename | AUTO | CANCEL}

AUTO

ORA-00308: cannot open archived log '/oracle/NDV/saparch/NDVarch1_1587.dbf'

ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status

HPUX-ia64 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Additional information: 3

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try my first solution if it does not fix then shutdown the database with immediate option edit the init<SID>.ora files include hidden parameter allowresetlogs_corruption = true start with option startup pfile=<path of init<SID>.ora file then simply start up database it takes little longer time to open the database to see whats going please look into Alertlog file.

This will fix your problem 100% sure.

Do not forget to award points.

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar

Problem was in our developement server. We restored the database and applied the archive. Server is up now.

I would like to know more about the option 2, you had provided. I understand that we have to add following line in initSID.ora

allowresetlogs_corruption = true

i don't understand the "startup pfile=<path of init><SID>.ora". where to set it? in initSID.ora file or during the startup of database on sql level? As per my understanding, wheneever we have to use pf= , we normally used the profile. I never used pf=initSID.ora in past..

Do you some some documentation on it?

Regards

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are 2 ways to stores Oracle parameters:

1. initSID.ora

2. SPFILE

to know which:

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

show parameter pfile;

you are most probably using initSID.ora

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amar, when you do startup database at SQL> prompt it it takes values from $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/spfile<SID>.ora these values you cannot manually edit, you can edit the initialization parameters only in init<SID>.ora file which is again located at $ORACLE_HOME/dbs, now if you startup database without pfile option it simply reads spfile not init.ora file, so you must start the database with option pfile= , you can do this at SQL>startup pfile=<path of init<SID>.ora file so that it by passes reading spfile values and takes values from init.ora file.

I think you got it now.

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to ALL,

I think that anybody providing this parameter:

<i><b>_allow_resetlogs_corruption = true</b></i>

should be aware of the consequences.

Any database open with this parameter

1) is on a inconsistent state

2) it is NOT supported by Oracle until a full database recreation is done.

I would not suggest underscore parameters unless

1) it is properly documented in a SAP note ( and I do not think this parameter will ever be documented such way )

2) it is suggested by SAP and applied with SAP approval.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not have that archive file and there is no archivefiles there after then you try to alter database open resetlogs option. If you still have problem then I can certainly have solution(last resort) you can bring it up your database(GUARANTEED) let me know.

Regards

Manohar