cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot created at GR on PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Experts,

My customer uses Inspection Lot for production.

We use a copy of 04 Inspection Type.  Inspection lots are created at production order release.

When activating QM I encoutered the following issue :

- Some Inspection Lots are created for Production Order released before QM activation. Basicaly these PO, shouldn't be managed in QM since released before QM Activation.

- These inspections lot are created following Production Order confirmation...

How can I manage QM activation without having inspection lots created for former production orders ???

Thanks a lot !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

We are using QA08 to Activate Inspection type. Is there an impact somehow ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure now what I was thinking then!  LOL

I think the behavior is normal however.

On thing I would check though.  In the pre-existing orders, in the GR tab, what is the stock postig category it is showing?  Unrestrcited or QI?

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using QA08 to activate the 04 inspection type?

Or are you just activiating it directly in the material master?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Nitin : We use inspection type of course and yes we use early lot creation

@Ayoub : Your solution sounds good I'll try it

Thanks a lot for your respective replies

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Giacco,

The system behavior is quite normal. This means that at the time of confirmation, the system checks the material QM specifications and finds that this is valid and creates the inspection lot.

Now to solve this issue, you can try this process:

1. Configure a user status for your production order type called "No inspection" for example. In this status configuration, you forbid the creation of inspection lot.

2. Before activating QM, you manually assign the user status to all released orders. you can do that by mass in production order mass processing function.

3. You activate QM.

4. Conform your newly created / released orders.

This way old orders will be having the status which forbids the creation of inspection lot.

Let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Ayoub.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You left me little confused. I don't understand how inspection lot could be created without activating an inspection type, or I misread something ?

Anyway, what seems to me is that you use 'Early lot creation' functionality for 04 inspection type and that's why you get an inspection lot as soon as the production order is released. That's fine!

Though Im not sure if I could follow the query well, but I understand you had some production orders in the system and later you activated the Inspection type for the respective material and still you keep on getting the inspection lots for previously created production orders, correct ?

If that's happening, then I believe those orders were created before but released after the inspection activation. Because, system will create an inspection lot only when order is released.

You need to validate and confirm these details.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply but we chose the 04 in order to have inspection lot relevant for stock posting...

Creation at production order release works fine, except for situation mentionned above..

Any other idea to manage it ?

shyam_shinde2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use Inspection type "03" for Process Inspection insted of "04". this way you can manage QM activation without having inpsection lot for former released production orders.

Thanks