SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Promotions & articles sent to POS from SAP

0 Kudos

Hello Retail Experts,

I am new to SAP IS retail but before putting this question in this forum; I have searched the community & I did not find much help to my problem.

When the user is creating promotions and articles, few of them are not moving to POS system.

I have checked with our POSDM & PI team but they are saying there is no problem at their side.

Currently in these cases we are sending promotions / articles manually through WESOUT transaction.

But we want to know the root cause analysis whether there is any problem in our SAP system.

Can any one help which T Codes can be helpful & approach for to find the root cause analysis for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Avinash

3 REPLIES 3

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

When any relevant master data and price changes in the system, system will create a change pointers. These change pointers are stored in standard table BDCP2 and prices can be in WIND table (depending on your system setup). You need to first activate the message types WP_PLU or WBBDLD activate for change pointers and transaction BD52 shows which fields are marked for generating change pointers.

You need to schedule transaction WPMU in background to collect all this changes and sent to relevant store using the IDocs. So make sure these steps are in place to ensure the change message downloaded is complete and automated for regular run.

As far as promotions are concerned, promotion condition types (KA02 & KA04) can be combined with assortment list IDoc, but Bonus Buys you have to be downloaded manually using transaction code WPMA.

So there are various methods available and in order to give you appropriate suggestion, you need to provide these details:

Which IDocs are being configured for article master?

Whether change pointers are activated for general and for relevant message types?

The changes which are being done and expected to go to POS, are part of standard fields in BD52?

I hope the given information can give you start for analyzing the root cause of your issues.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Thanks for your reply. This will definitely help me to to start my research.

Actually we are using background jobs which send the articles & promotions to POS through XML files. Generally we check these generated XML files if the data is not sent to POS.

But sometimes the data is not in POS, though the XML file is generated for that article & promotion. In that case we check whether background job is successful of not & then we send the data again manually.

I'll check the tables BDCP2, WIND.
Are there anything more you can suggest in this case.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I would like to add one more important note here.

You can use transaction code WPER2 to check any missing data for an article which are not downloaded to POS. WPER2 is a detailed analysis of article master data to be downloaded to POS.

When you go to WPER2 transaction, select Object Analysis and click on Execute button. Enter the site code and article number in the given field and click on Execute. This will display the output. If you see X in any of the column, it indicates the missing data from article and cannot be downloaded to POS.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Amit