cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple messages in Alert Inbox for the same message id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I get multiple message (error) in my alert inbox for the same message id. I do not "confirm" the message and per the value (2) in "Max No of Dels" it should appear twice. But it appears between 3 and 5 times. Why is that ?

What exactly is the meaning of "Max No of Dels" in the alert category definition ?

Even if I confirm the message in alert inbox, it shows up again. I am lost.

-Thanks

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the RWB's Alert Configuration, can you check to see if you checked the "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule"?

If this is not checked then you may get an alert of the same everytime the alerts are polled.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I generate an IDOC out of R/3 to create a flat file via the file adapter. I have given wrong directory name and hence I trigger the alert, based on the receiver interface name in the alert rule definition. So for every run (use BD10 to generate the MATMAS IDOC), I get multiple (5) alert mesgs for the same "mesg id " generated in SXMB_MONI for a single BD10 run. I am not using BPM.

So I am still confused, why multiple alert mesgs are generated for a single BD10 run ? It should just trigger 1 alert mesg for every run.

Hope I am more clear this time.

Regards

Bob

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bob,

Look into the note 913858. There is a question that addresses you issue of receving multiple alerts for a single error. It was supposed to be a bug for which patch would / should have been provided.

<i>Q11: Why do I sometimes receive two alerts when an error happens in a receiver adapter?

A11: This happens because two independant components of the Adapter Framework react simultaneously on the error. The problem will fixed with SP17.</i>

Maybe this helps.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

We are on SP16. But today I get only one alert mesg per every run. !!!!

Again Thanks.

Bob

Answers (0)