cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress the New Window opened by "APPLICATION.openNewWindow"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a solution where  i have included a URL in "APPLICATION.openNewWindow" and that in turn that URL update the Database using the webservice. I am looking for suppressing the the New window which is opened up instead of user closing it manually.

If there any solution please let me know.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

no big chance in standard implementation.

One possible option would be that you open the URL to some server which will bring back html and java script which will make two steps:

* call your real URL to pass the values

* close the window

with this, the work must be done on your side and will be a bit flickering

Other option is to use one of the free SCN sdk components, like:

Post Response Parser - SCN Design Studio Community

Open Window by Post - SCN Design Studio Community  (here an extension would be required)

or

Embedded Frame - SCN Design Studio Community

-> here you could place this frame and move to invisible area for the user (like left -2000). by this the component will still be visible and rendered, but the user will see nothing. there is API to set the URL and trigger execution of the URL.

perhaps some of those will help you.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot karol. Modular Browser Component has Solved my purpose.

Can you please let me know whether we can write our own Java script that can Capture the Values on the Vizaualization. And those values captured in the Java Script variables can be in turn used  to update the database on the backend.

I was asking this one because as you know while sending the parameters through URL we have some limitation like 256 characters or some thing like that. So i was wondering if we have any Javascript option that will help me to pass the values instead of URL.

Thanks,

Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Application.OpenNewWindow() returns None.

As far I think, currently there is no way to keep a track of the opened window and hence the new window cannot be closed other than User itself.

You can write your script some other way which does not open a new window, if possible.

Regards

Rahul Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone reply on this please. Need some inputs on this  whether its possible or not.

Thanks,

kumar

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kumar, I am afraid that there is no solution for now to close it or suppress it.