Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to Proxy

former_member188353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have soap to proxy scenario,i added some fields in soap side and now i need to regenerate the proxy.can any one tell me how to regenerate the proxy with out loosing the old code. i tried to regenerate the proxy in DEV environment but i'm unable to regenerate it is asking to create proxy.

anybody suggest me please.

Thanks,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Has given already answer. So i deleted my reply.

Regards,

Suhale Shaik.

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenerio where my endpoint is changing, so will the whole proxy code vanish if i try to regenerate the proxy?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nunu,

If you don't change your proxy prefix the ABAP classes will be the same. Pay attention that the new fields will be inside your ABAP proxy structures, if you don't deal with them you can have an Deserialization exception or similar. For example if you copy an ABAP proxy object structure to another Z that you have in your ECC dicitionary, you will need to change this one as well.

Regards.

former_member188353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I have SOAP to PROXY Sync scenario,both sender and receiver DATA Types are same.i have added some fields to my Response and did message mapping.

Now i have to regenerate proxy but my doubt is who has to regenerate the proxy in this case.and where to regenerate i mean in PI DEV or in ECC Side?

Please suggest me,regeneration is our PI Part or ABAPer's Part???

Thanks,

Prasad.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

>>>>>Now i have to regenerate proxy but my doubt is who has to regenerate the proxy in this case.and where to regenerate i mean in PI DEV or in ECC Side?

You always need to generate the proxy in ECC side

>>>>Please suggest me,regeneration is our PI Part or ABAPer's Part???

Normally it is ABAPer part. You just need to give the details to ABAPer then he can generate the proxy and he can use it in his proxy program.

Regards,

Praveen.

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

we need to regenerate the proxy on the ECC side and it is abapers part .Please check with the abap team to add the new fields in the inbound coding and ask them to regenerate the proxy.

Thanks

Giridhar

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

we have soap to proxy scenario,i added some fields in soap side and now i need to regenerate the proxy.can any one tell me how to regenerate the proxy with out loosing the old code. i tried to regenerate the proxy in DEV environment but i'm unable to regenerate it is asking to create proxy.

I think you are trying to regenerate the outbound service interface that is why it is asking to be created. What you need to change is the inbound service interface which may be located in a different SWCV/namespace.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the same service URI? If you are using the same wsdl/service end point, you should be able to regenerate the existing proxy. It creation wizard will come up but it will not create a new proxy.

Anish

former_member188353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

i'm using the same url.i'm not getting regenerate option if i right click on SI it is asking to create proxy.and if i double click it is asking prefix,package,request.

thanks,

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If you right click on already generated service interface you should be able to see the below options.

If you right click on not generated service interface you will only see create proxy option. Make sure you are under right software component, right namespace and right service interface.

Regards,

Praveen.