Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to view spool request under pdf preview

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We have ECC systems which was recently upgraded to ECC 6 ehp7

We see in SP01 tcode , that we have an option to view the spool requests documents in PDF PREVIEW

I wanted to know the steps to configure PDF PREVIEW and its requirements, as of now if we try to click on PDF PREVIEW we get :

Note : PDF PREVIEW button is already active in SP01

Thanks

Shradha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shradha,

this error message typically appears when the browser can not connect to the PDF.

The reason is that the PDF preview will be made available via the HTTP protocol. If this error message appears, that means the browser is hindered by the firewall, proxies, etc.

Unfortunately this means a network problem.

If you use load balancing, a possible problem is described in SAP Note #1714501 - "SSF: Issue with PDF Preview": an error has been fixed which has caused the browser to contact a wrong Application Server.

However, if this Note has been implemented and the problem still appears, you can try to display the PDF in not-inplace display (although I am not sure this will solve the initial issue).

You can set the not-indplace display in Internet Explorer: select menu "Manage Add-ons", then select on the left side of the popup instead of "Currently loaded add-ons" the "All add-ons". Now "Adobe PDF Reader" will appear in the list. Disable this add-on, then try again in SP01.

I am not sure whether this can bypass the initial problem, but if not: sorry, the network needs to be checked why it hinders the connection from the browser to the Application Server.

Best regards,

Laszlo

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Laszlo !!

Your suggestion "Currently loaded add-ons" the "All add-ons". Now "Adobe PDF Reader" will appear in the list. Disable this add-on" did the trick and the pdf previewer started opening in adobe.

Also noticed for latest version of Adobe pdf reader, you can keep the add on enabled and just uncheck "Display PDF documents in the web browser' and it works

But other thing that our user noticed was if the spool request has multiple pages ,the pdf would just display one page.

Do you know  how can we change to view all pages by scroll option ?

Thanks

Shradha

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shradha,

thanks for the feedback, it is good to know how the original issue has been resolved.

The issue about the single-page-display is a known behaviour which was willingly coded this way, and can not be changed.

The reason is that the "normal" print preview (which does not use PDFs) also displays one single page at a time. Since the "normal" print preview also handles one page at a time, the PDF print preview will also display this one single page.

Unfortunately I am not aware of any Notes/KBAs which describe this behaviour - but that also means that there are no modifications/"solutions" to this behaviour.

Sorry that I couldn't give a better answer.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha

Before getting in the SAPGUI, on your web browser supports PDF viewer?

BR

SS

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SS,

We are on IE 9

Thanks

Shradha

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shradha

1.  Have you try to open any one of the pdf file in the web? I mean that having you install the PDF viewer plugin in IE9?

2. Have you check the option in " Display the all websites Compatibility view" ?

BR

SS

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SS,

Do you mean,when users click on PDF preview in sp01 from sapgui they will routed to open their document in IE browser ?

Sorry can you please explain

Thanks

Shradha

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check SAP note 1552498 and 1562096.

Regards,

David

shradhasampat