cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard SAP Projects Have Model Binding Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on extending a standard SAP Gateway service for PO/PR tracking. The project name is SRA020_PO_TRACKING. When I perform a consistency check on the project I receive several model binding errors. Upon checking other Gateway projects for Fiori, I find the same kind of errors.

Some examples are:

•   Conversion error possible; ABAP type is more restrictive
  •   ABAP type ' (STRING)' not applicable with EDM core type 'Edm.Boolean'
  •   Conversion error possible; EDM type is more restrictive
  •   ABAP type 'BBMNG (PACKED[13,3])' not applicable with EDM core type 'Edm.Float'
  •   ABAP type 'EINDT (DATE)' not applicable with EDM core type 'Edm.String'
  •   ABAP type 'STRINGVAL (STRING)' not applicable with EDM core type 'Edm.Float'

There must be something else wrong rather than the standard code/configuration being incorrect. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

In-spite of errors, can you still go ahead and generate Run-Time Objects and check ?

Sometimes we see these errors but still we will be able to generate run time artifacts.

Can you please check ?

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

With the SAP delivered projects we cannot generate the objects. This is also preventing me from extending the service in a new project.

Here is a screen shot for context.

Thank You,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

It turns out you were closest. We created the project and extended the standard project. The resulting project was error free.

Regards,

Andy Prier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Can you please verify the which version of NW you installed gateway components are these components are adjustable .

Thanks,

Syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

I verified with that note. Thanks you for suggesting, but the issue still persists.

Andy

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Did you get a chance to look at this thread encountering the same issue ? Let me know if you have any questions.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3712829

Regards

Prabaharan Asokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parbaharan,

I have looked at that thread as well. It assumes this would be a customer (Z) project, which I cannot since it is a SAP delivered project. These errors apply to all of the SAP delivered projects for Fiori applications.

Thanks,

Andy