cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Lifecycle Management best recommended deployment scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest for SLC Deployment best approach, with pros & cons. We came across below scenarios, but not sure which scenario combinations of Buy side and Sell side is best and recommended :-

Supported Deployment Modes for the Buy Side of SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management

1. SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management 2.0 as a standalone option
  2. SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management 2.0 as an add-on to SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0
  3. SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management 2.0 as an add-on to SAP Enhancement Package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0

Supported Deployment Modes for the Sell Side of SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management

1. SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management as a standalone option
  2. SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management as an add-on to supplier self-services (SUS), which is part of SAP Supplier Relationship Management 3 for SAP SRM 7.0

Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

This is a case specific question and since you have not mentioned much details its difficult to comment Also note there are no pros and cons .. they are 2 different options which should be looked at in discussion with the client as well as taking into consideration the existing system landscape

Check the below link and it explains all scenarios mentioned above as well as a mixed scenario as well ..

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100011490632014E

However the inital decision should be based on answering the following questions

1. Which system is upto date for installation of SLM

2. incase of SRM the netweaver portal seamlessly integrates to  SLM 

3. What are the specific tasks which needs to be taken care of like ..

If SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management is deployed on SAP SRM configured as a SUS instance, the integration with SUS is also supported.

For SAP Supplier Relationship Management back-end systems connected to SAP Supplier Lifecycle

Management 2.0, the following component is mandatory

Integration Component for SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management SRM Back-End System 1.0 SP08

SMCSRMIT 100 SP08

For SAP ERP back-end systems connected to SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management 2.0, the following

component is mandatory

Integration Component for SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management ERP Back-End System 1.0 SP08

SMCERPIT 100 SP08

let me know if that helps !!

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinita, for sharing the points to let me get some insight in the same.

I went through many docs for the same and still exploring on more to see cons if we decide to implement it fully on ECC side,

as SLC on buy side we have already implemented in earlier projects on SRM side and Sell Side on SUS.

poesterwitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

95% of customers go for SLC@SRM.

As Vinita pointed out, the integration is very easy.
SRM can also utilize the many addresses that SLC allows users to save - in ECC you will only have one address replicated (without MDG).
Also SRM is less critical than ERP, from a performance as well as from a maintenace point of view.
Additionally suppliers will be available in SRM as soon as you create them, and available as bidders as soon as you tick the bidder flag in the supplier portfolio - no distribution needed.

In SLC there are still plenty of SAP Notes and new functionalities. This is a potential thread to your ECC implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Did you had XI in place when you implemented Sell Side on SUS?

Is that mandatory?

I am asking this to explore if that option is possible if we dont have XI in landscape? like through RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

In 2 of my SLC 1.0 & 2.0 implementations, I used RFC communication setup over XI.

RFC setup had much more shorter implementation time.

It is not mandatory to use, any one RFC or XI can be configured and used as per need.

Let me know, if I answered your question.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to implement SAP SLM with SAP SRM 7.0

I understand SAP SLM have two components.

1) Buy Side

2) Sell Side

Buy Side - We can implement with SAP SRM

But for the Sell Side :- Do we have to have SUS in place or can be implemented without SUS also.

As in our current landscape we are not planning to implement SAP SUS.

Please advice how to implement SAP SLM (Buy and Sell Side) with SAP SRM

Any helpful idea or approach would be appreciated..

Best Regards,

VM

poesterwitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

both is possible:

You can deploy the Buy-Side on SRM and the Sell-Side in a standalone Scenario.
Also you can chose to run it in a portal environment or without.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Kudos

Hello Paul - Thanks for your information.

Do you have any SAP SLM Landscape details.

If possible could you suggest me the link or place to find more information about SAP SLM.

Regards,

VM

poesterwitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, here you go: This is the official SLM 2.2 Master Guide with different deployment strategies described.

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012002523100007411822015E

0 Kudos

Thanks for your kind help.

Appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hello,

One quick questions, for Supplier Life Cycle Management, is portal is mandatory for buyer and seller side or it could support ITS Server.

Need a proper details as we are deploying SAP SLM, as per my understanding portal should required but any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks

poesterwitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bond,
I am not so deep into the SAP Basis Technology (but I thought ITS is now integrated into the WebAS ABAP?).
However, you don't need to run SLC in a portal environment, the sell-side (for suppliers) is made of BSP pages, the buy-side (purchasers side) uses WebDynpros, which you can run in a NWBC environment, also. Portal is not required but possible.

0 Kudos

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

As you must have proceeded for the SLC landscapes, can you confirm that Portal is required or not on the both buy & Sell side.

Out client do not have Portal. So is it Ok that we can use NWBC client?

Please Guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

As shared by other spocs, Enterprise Portal is not mandatory for SLC and can be accessed via NWBC on Buy Side & Sell Side on BSP.

But if you are having SRM & SLC both, then using Enterprise Portal is going to benefit you on easy & quick mechanism to control roles, access & iview displays as per client needs. You can split Portal roles as per need of business users & segregate as desired.

Regards,

Gaurav Gupta

Answers (0)