cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/silent not working with Single File Installer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Single File Installer and when I add the /silent switch it does not work.

Package I created is called FrontEnd (installs SAPGUI7.4, NWBC5.0, Business Explorer), command line name FrontEnd.

Command line:

C:\SAPInst\FrontEnd.exe /Silent /Package="FrontEnd"

Nothing happens.

When I run the EXE without the /silent it works fine.

When I run the EXE with /noDLG a box shows up, "Extracting files", then a quick SAP splash box, then "Removing temporary files".

Does anybody know of a solution for this issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

I almost always use /silent /NoDlg together and this produces the desired results (for me anyway).

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jude,

Thanks for the reply.

I discovered that VSTOR 3.0 and KB949258 are prerequisites for the /silent to work. Hopefully that information will help people in the future.

Onto another roadblock is the fact that if a client has Office 2013 then again the silent install doesnt work because of Outlook Calendar Sync (CalSync) issues. Rather frustrating. But that's for another thread that I might create later today.

-Nick

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Yes, for that you need to create a separate package which does not include "Calendar Synchronization" for Office 2013.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jude. I appreciate your quick replies.

Do you know if there is going to be a patch that allows CalSync with Office 2013/365 or if there is one already?

Thanks again.

-NIck

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Looking at the compilation DVD installation guide,I would say not yet.

Possibly when compilation 2 is released later this year,it might include this feature.

Keep an eye out when the documentation is released with the new compilation.

It's expected to be released around July.

regards.

Jude