cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily introscope decommissioned and SMD agent in solution manager shows status disconnected

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Recently Wily Introscope was decommissioned and the SMD agent in the solution manager is showing the status as disconnected. So according to my analysis I came to the following below conclusions

NOTE: I have to install wily introscope again and configure in the solution manager and previously we had wily and solution manager on different machines.

• Uninstall the SMD agent in the solution manager and reinstall it along with the Wily Introscope
  • install the wily and try to configure the SMD until it comes to running state

Guys let me know if there is any other possible solution .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Both ways are correct.
I would recommend to just remove old SMD Agent and and reinstall it with Introscope as this would cause you the least amount of trouble.

Regards,
Karol

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Yes , I agree but would there be any complications as configurations of wily are sill left over in the solution manager? (it seems the previous basis guy hasn't properly uninstalled , seems like he just took down the system on which wily was installed )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

No, you can install new introscope and then use procedure explained in this wiki to replace old configuration:

IntroscopeEMUpgrade - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Regards,
Karol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I am just confused ,the solution manager is installed on a separate host and am going to install wily on a separate system ..

Note :  The SMD is installed in the solution manager system (just to make it clear)

I would like to know weather or not to install DAA in the new system where am going to build Wily.

Thanks in anticipation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kaushink,

if SolMan and Introscope are installed on different hosts then you need SMD Agent installed on those both hosts.

So you are right, when you will install Introscope on the new system you should install agent there too. (unless there is already an agent running on this host, then you can use that agent to connect introscope to SolMan). But again if it is new system then install Introscope and agent.

Regards,
Karol

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I have small question , I am installing Wily on a separate system So do I need to install DAA on the system before installing Wily or installing wily alone is enough. I bet my money on installing the DAA after which Wily is to be installed. Please do let me know you opinion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes you need SMD Agent on the host where Introscope will be. You will later use this agent to make connection between Introscope and SolMan.

Regards,
Karol