Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average consumed memory of HDB

kr_pavankumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to find the licenced memory, total used/consumed memory & Average consumed memory of HDB?

For Avg. Consumed memory, frequency would be weekly or monthly.

Eg: a) What is the avg consumed memory for this week?

b) What is the avg. consumed memory for the last month.

Thanks,

KRPK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SQL: "HANA_Memory_Overview" (SAP Note 1969700) to get most of the key figures you want. The average values over some time aren't available via standard SQL statements, but you can calculate them manually based on HOST_RESOURCE_UTILIZATION_STATISTICS. Example (average allocated memory during the last 7 days):

select

to_decimal(avg(INSTANCE_TOTAL_MEMORY_ALLOCATED_SIZE / 1024 / 1024 / 1024), 15, 2) allocated_gb

from

_sys_statistics.host_resource_utilization_statistics

where

server_timestamp >= add_seconds(current_timestamp, -86400*7)

Attention: This only works with the embedded statistics server and newer revisions.

K

kr_pavankumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Sorry of the delay.

I m getting an error while executing the given SQL statement. System is prompting that there is no "NSTANCE_TOTAL_MEMORY_ALLOCATED_SIZE" field in the table - HOST_RESOURCE_UTILIZATION_STATISTICS.

I too observered the same at table level. FYI...HANA system is on SP6 version.

Could you pls provide any inputs to get 'avg,allocated memory in a week'.

Thanks,

KRPK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry, the column INSTANCE_TOTAL_MEMORY_ALLOCATED_SIZE in HOST_RESOURCE_UTILIZATION_STATISTICS is only available in up-to-date environments using the embedded statistics server and a current revision level (ad-hoc I am not exactly sure when it was introduced). I assume you will upgrade the system earlier or later, so it's probably best to wait until it is available.

kr_pavankumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your inputs & quick response.

May be systems will be upgraded soon..

Thanks,

KRPK

Answers (0)