cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Stack (abap+java) definition (doubt)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m with a big doubts regarding one thing... I don´t understand if I´m facing a SAP system with ABAP+JAVA or with two instances separated from each other. The problem is... if it is ABAP+JAVA I will have to do the dual split SAP system (). I tried to figure out this reading the following document, but unfortunately I´m still with some doubts:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f010e41c-2421-3110-149b-9b0a2e73a...

In the page 4 you can see the definition of Dual Split:

Definition - what is a dual-stack system?

Definition:

SAP system that contains both SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP and Java with following characteristics:

- One common SAPSID

- One common startup framework

- One common database

In my case, my SAP system have two instances BW ABAP (BWA) e BW JAVA (BWJ) with only one database! So... I don´t understand if this is a abap+java or if are two instances separated!

Can you clarify me please?

Best regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>>In my case, my SAP system have two instances BW ABAP (BWA) e BW JAVA (BWJ) with only one database! So... I don´t understand if this is a abap+java or if are two instances separated!<<

These are two different systems. They have two different SID's with their own startup framework. The only thing they both share is the database but under different schemas Eg: SAPR3 and SAPSR3DB

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid ,

The system should not be a ABAP+ JAVA system  [ The SID 's will be the same if it is an abap + java system ] . You could be looking at an  MCOD  installation .

As in your post  all three below things [ Its AND not OR ]  should be satisfied

One common SAPSID

- One common startup framework

- One common database

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct.