cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP VEG 8.0 not starting while/ after configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem while installing SAP Visual Enterprise Generator 8.0 on a Win Server 2008 R2 SP1. I was able to go through the "Installation Wizard" without problems. After that the "Configuration Wizard" appeard and in the configuration provided successfully the following information:

VEGShare, Service account, MS SQL Connection with users and DB creation, MSDTC, IIS Queues, Lock manager, License, Integration Mode: Standalone, Configuration Type: Default.

After that steps it's telling me "Executing scrpit". But it is hanging on the first step:

Starting SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Generator. The log on %programdata%\SAP\Visual Enterprise Generator\Logs\Debug is telling me the following:

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicExeption: Key not valid for use in specified state.

For this message I can only find information for C# (not SAP), that something with the x509 Certificate is wrong:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9358129/cryptographicexception-key-not-valid-for-use-in-specified...

But there is no information in the VEG log which Certificate is used.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Tobias Maurer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

can you create an incident for this and i can step through your configuration settings.  When you entered license did it say successful.  In the windows event viewer you will see SAP Visual Enterprise Generator - is their anything in that log.  Usually i have only really experienced errors if the user i install with is not a member of the correct group and has the correct authorizations and the local security policy settings are not correct.  Can you also make sure .net 4 is installed and active in IIS,

Run Dos as administrator aspnet_regiis -i

This is an authorizations issue or a license issue, but it would be easier to fix with incident and we could have a call.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fergal,

the license was imported sucessfull (state: licensed). In Windows Event log I only can find the same error message as in the logs.

Now I did:

CMD --> Run as Admin:

cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319

aspnet_regiis -i

But I am still running in the same issue. I will open a OSS Call for it.

Regards

Tobias

Answers (0)