Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Short Description and Characteristic value selection in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

2 issues..

1. We have modified the standard UI as per our requirements. I observed, while change/edit the created CR, the new short description name I am providing sometimes it takes the new name and sometimes it takes the old name which was before edit/change the CR.

How to overcome it?

2. while creating material, user choose classes and respect to class, he chooses characteristics but after selecting the characteristics through F4 help, he found one message i.e, no characteristic selected. And also found there was no characteristic against the class which just now he selected via F4 help.

How to fix it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

1.may you can check the place where this description is stored and getting refreshed when ever you are adding the new one ..not sure this will help you.

2.you can check the link between the Class and Character. in Ct01,CL02,

Also CT10 (characteristics) and CL6AN (classes).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shankar for your kind reply.

I check it randomly and it seems it is a issue with a specific BAPI i.e, BAPI_HIERA_GETSUPERCLASSALLOCS where in very 1st attempt of adding characteristics of specific class is not placing properly, infact throwing message no characteristics assigned against the class but while doing 2nd attempt with same class it appears properly. And it happens with all the classes.