cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC Emergency Access Management (EAM) and STAD report data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

we use EAM (ID based fire fighting) and the Log synchronization jobs are scheduled every half hour in order to get the fire fighter logs from the back-ends for review by the controller. Due to a technical issue the synchronization jobs are not working correctly over several days. We experienced missing session details (executed transactions, programs, changes, etc.) for many Fire fighter sessions. As one the source of of the fire fighter log is STAD on the back end and these data are only buffered 48 hours per default, I expect that I can't recover the logs and they are irreversible lost if GRC is down or the sync-jobs are not running for more that time. That can happen over a weekend....

I ask you:

• can you confirm my expectation?
  • does it make sense to extend the STAD buffer up to e. g. 96 hours for all GRC production back ends?
  • have you controls in place to check if the sync-jobs are running and the logs are synchronized correct and complete?

I would appreciate, if you can share some thoughts with me about this.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas Langer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

- Please check the below note, for missed log entries

1934127 - GRC10 EAM: EAM recovery program to retrieve missing log and to generate the missing workfl...

- The maximum value is 99, and it is the number of stat files that  are generated. So, you can get records upto 4 days.

- Periodic Monitoring activity activity can be set, which is done manually. I am not aware if Process Control, can take care of this monitoring.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

thanks and sorry I forgot to mention that 1934127 we have implemented. I'm able to re-trigger Workflows for Sessions, where we have session details available. But for the empty logs (no session details) can no more updated because the data already missing when the STAD retention period is reached... That's correct, right?

Thanks for that hint with STAD. I will check that out with Basis.

best regards,

Andreas

Answers (0)