Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making CA name field uneditable in CAA2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to make CA name field uneditable in CAA2, based on authorizations. Which means only users which have necessary authorization will be able to edit this field. I have created necessary authorization object. But I am unable to find a place to put code for authorization check. There is no BAdI, screen exit Or FQEVENT. I feel it is risky to create implicit enhancement in the standard code. Can anyone suggest me the right place for authorization check code?

Regards,

Sneha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, can't the requirement be solved via standard authorisation object F_KKVK_FDG and V_TB031 customizing..?

Read this Adding Custom Fields to Contract Account Screen, from page 15 please.

cheers

Janis

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Hi Sneha ,

Please share screen shot for the field also the screen number .

0 Kudos

It's the BDT views VKK110 and VKK120 (screens SAPLFKKC 205 and 210), I believe.

cheers

Janis

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Edit in: see my next post; this can and should be solved via standard authorisation object F_KKVK_FDG, I believe. No need for custom functions, authorisation objects, etc.

How familiar are you with the BDT application framework, on which the Contract Account maintenance is based, and CAWM configuration transaction..?

One possible solution would be to write and assign custom fieldgroup state modification (FMOD2) function module to fieldgroups 10 and 19 of BDT Application object FICA (Contract Account):

See FM VKK_FICA_EVENT_FMOD_FG10 for the sample FMOD2 function interface. In this FM you could check the authorisation and modify the fieldgroup (screen field) state accordingly. The FM is assigned via SM30 on view V_TBZ3J (this discussion How to hide a field on standard screen - BDT deals with modifying BP fields, but the principle should be the same for CA as well).

If you have no experience with BDT and CAWM, this stuff can be little overwhelming. Just ask if you don't understand something.

cheers

Janis

Message was edited by: Jānis B

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, can't the requirement be solved via standard authorisation object F_KKVK_FDG and V_TB031 customizing..?

Read this Adding Custom Fields to Contract Account Screen, from page 15 please.

cheers

Janis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. Second solution seems better. I have not worked on BDT before. I checked the document you shared and it is quite informative. Thanks a ton

0 Kudos

The first time of having to deal with BDT stuff will inevitably come, if you have to work on extending BP and CA on a regular basis