cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSOL - objects not being locked in SolMan (ChaRM)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using ChaRM in SolMan 7.1 SP12.

Projects have been activated and users are using ChaRM.

CSOL has also been activated and we have checked all config (it's definitely activated!!)

Yet, when we go into the report to view locked objects there is nothing in there!!!

Why isn't this working?

Thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have also tried to lock the transport manually via SE38, by using program TMW_TRKORR_LOCK_UPDATE

I put the transport in and click on execute. The message says:

"Project not locked for client 001"

001 is our Solution Manager client. What does this mean? As mentioned in my above post, CSOL is definitely activated in our DR3 (ECC) and DWH (BW) systems:

Any ideas??????????
Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you key in your CSOL back rfc from Managed system to solution manager working client in bcos_cust,

check the RFC, including user acess

Please let me know

Thanks

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

What should be showing in BCOS_CUST in our managed systems?

In DR3 (Development ECC), this is what's showing:

I have gone into PSM (Solution Manager) and gone to report TMW_TRKORR_LOCK_UPDATE

It still says:

"Project not locked for client 001"

Any idea what I'm missing or why this won't work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaun,

Jasni is right, you need to create an RFC connection from your managed development system to Solution Manager. You also need to register this RFC connection in BCOS_CUST with application SOL_CONNECT. For details see 2004134 - CSOL - RFC from managed system to Solution Manager system

Tina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

from your screenshot, i could say that, you have not completed the csol configuurations.

and more over the report you are trying to use should be used executed in the satelite system where the TR resumes also should be executed by the owner of the TR,

it is good to use the report TMW_CONTROL_PROJECT_LOCK individual satelite system control, again this report also should be executed in the satelite system

Thanks and Best regards

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tina and Jansi

Thank you both very much!

I have now setup this RFC in the Development managed systems

Also, I wasn't aware that the TMW_TRKORR_LOCK_UPDATE program was to be run in the managed system. I'm sure I read somewhere that a program could be run in SolMan to lock transports in CSOL (ones that weren't previously locked).

Is there another program to do this? If I run the above program in a managed system, will it lock the transport in Solman as part of CSOL?

Thanks!

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

I don't know about a further programm for locking transports in CSOL and which is running on Solman.

The program TMW_TRKORR_LOCK_UPDATE (running on managed system) writes and updates the CSOL entries on Solman system via the RFC registered under SOL_CONNECT. Be aware that only the transport owner is allowed to update the CSOL entries within this program.

Regards, Tina

Answers (0)