cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Calculation Engine stuck in Taskhandler step

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all.  Just upgraded to Solman SP12, noticed all of our metrics are gray in TechMon. Solman_setup is complete and green, Basic config as well.  Ran through Managed System config for our solman system, no issues. 

Did some digging, found that SAP Alert calculation Engine is never completing, nor is it failing.  Ran for 2 days, just stuck on Starting step "Taskhandler for Reconfiguration".  It never finishes, never fails.

this subsequently causes warning message "ECE TSKH: Taskhandler is locked by user <user>" and "Event Calculation Engine will not run due to taskhandler lock."

I've looked in SM66 and SM50, the job is simply sitting there on hold, waiting.  Dev log file shows no activity after the program starts.  SM66 shows CPIC wait.  SM50 same - SYNC_CPIC

No dumps in st22/sm21/slg1 (warnings only)

Plenty of dialog/updated resources available. 

Digging through the notes, I've found nothing that addresses this issue.  1964945 is similar but not specific.  Our housekeeping jobs are running correctly. I've found nothing related to Taskhandler at all. 

I've gone through Roland's blog on troubleshooting, no luck.  Since it's not throwing any errors, just warnings, it's actually more difficult to figure out.

So - where do I go with this?  Stumped completely.

Thanks.
Bernie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Nevermind, team member found it.  Job had created a lock a few days back that hadn't resolved.  Deleted  the lock from sm12, no more issues..  We will have to monitor this to make sure it doesn't reoccur.  Didn't seem to be any incidents on Monday that would have caused this to create the lock and leave it hanging.

However, I'll be taking a look at that note as well, Roland.  Now that I think of it, I did confirm several alerts on Monday as the KBA stated.  However, this was already locked at that point and I'm fairly certain that no one else had confirmed anything prior to that as the system had been down for the upgrade.

Bernie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie,

Can you check SAP KBA 2068288 - Long runtime of the SAP_ALERT_CALCULATION_ENGINE job in Technical Monitoring to see if this helps. Regards, Roland