Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Prospective SAP Student with a non-IT degree

I'm a graduate of psychology and am currently working in an IT company under the learning support wing. I've facilitated numerous sessions covering SAP (just a facilitator and not a speaker) and it has gotten my interest to think about entering SAP.

As this is a big investment in career, time, and money, I wanted to ask current SAP professionals on how feasible is it for a psychology graduate to enter the world of SAP?

I was pondering on whether learning about BASIS or ABAP. I've read that BASIS deals more with system admin and ABAP has more to do with the developer /programmer role.

I'm pretty good with logic and coding and have always had a niche for computer technology and process improvement. Just recently i've started to take online courses in learning Python and I think that I will fit more comfortably in the development side of SAP.

I wanted to know your thoughts on my situation and whether it is a viable career move. My current company does not want to offer a mentoring session mainly because of the information involved in SAP is confidential and belongs to external accounts.

Any feedback would be of great help

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question