Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Prospective SAP Student with a non-IT degree

Hi,

I'm a graduate of psychology and am currently working in an IT company under the learning support wing. I've facilitated numerous sessions covering SAP (just a facilitator and not a speaker) and it has gotten my interest to think about entering SAP.

As this is a big investment in career, time, and money, I wanted to ask current SAP professionals on how feasible is it for a psychology graduate to enter the world of SAP?

I was pondering on whether learning about BASIS or ABAP. I've read that BASIS deals more with system admin and ABAP has more to do with the developer /programmer role.

I'm pretty good with logic and coding and have always had a niche for computer technology and process improvement. Just recently i've started to take online courses in learning Python and I think that I will fit more comfortably in the development side of SAP.

I wanted to know your thoughts on my situation and whether it is a viable career move. My current company does not want to offer a mentoring session mainly because of the information involved in SAP is confidential and belongs to external accounts.

Any feedback would be of great help

-Paolo

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question