cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Provider - SAPGUI for Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

at the moment I try to use Eclipse with SAPUI5 Plugin on Mac (OS X Yosemite).

For this i installed SAPGUI for Java 7.40 and added a System via Expert Mode. When i now try to share the Project to this System in Eclipse the Details for the Connection are Empty and the Logon Fails.

If i try to Logon via SAPGUI for Java it works. But the Login via Eclipse doesn't.

Are there any Mac Users out there who can help me?

Regards & thank you!

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

eozkan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you find any solutions to this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok some Update..

I tried the following:

Installing ABAP Development Tools and created there a Project and created a connection to the SAP System manually in Eclipse. This works without any Problem.

So the Problem is that on UI5 Project Site the Parameter "Application Server" is not filled when trying to deploy something on the backend.

So has anyone a configured SAPUILandscape.xml file which works for deploying something on the backend?

It doesn't care if with or without SAPRouter.

If yes would you please so kindly and share them with me.

Thanks for your Help and best Regards!

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still struggling with the configuration.

Found an Error in the Log of Eclipse saying the following:

Failed to load discovery "/sap/bc/adt/core/discovery" for destination com.sap.ide.ui5.team.ZTEST; using default settings

&

Caused by: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (101) JCO_ERROR_CONFIGURATION: Configuration of destination com.sap.ide.ui5.team.ZTEST is incorrect: Parameter backend host ('ashost') is missing

Anyone has an Idea?

Thanks for your help!

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Links but they seem to be not helpful with my Problem.

Btw is there any way to configure the Team Provider, so that i can use a normal SAPLogon.ini from Windows for the connection?

Aren't there any Mac Users out there who got a configured file and share an example?

Thanks for the Help!

Sascha

jmoors
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm able to view the saplogon connections on Mac via SAPGUI for java.

I would recommend turning on the tracing and check logs, I know there have been some issues with the connection file format.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3675518

Eclipse -> Preferences -> ABAP Development -> Trace Configuration. I switched on tracing for Destination Management, Repository Information Systems, SAP GUI Integration and Team Provider.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

indeed im facing an Error:

Failed to load discovery "/sap/bc/adt/core/discovery" for destination com.sap.ide.ui5.team.ZTEST; using default settings

Caused by: com.sap.conn.rfc.exceptions.RfcInvalidConfigurationException: Configuration of destination com.sap.ide.ui5.team.ZTEST is incorrect: Parameter backend host ('ashost') is missing

But when i Look at my System in the connection everything is empty.. I have no clue where the error is.

Thanks for the Help!

Sascha

jmoors
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the SAPGUILandscape.xml file as per the other blog post?

• Navigate to "/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Preferences/SAP" in Finder.
  • You will see a file called "SAPGUILandscape.xml". Open it with a text editor.
  • Copy the value of the 'uuid' attribute to the 'msid' attribute and change one or two of the numbers to different numbers just so that they are not the same. In my case the new connection string looks like this: <Service expert="1" mode="1" msid="6946be64-6574-4032-aca4-3ccd4d433cb6" name="Agile IDS" server="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3200" type="SAPGUI" uuid="6946be64-6574-4032-aca4-3ccd4d433cb4"/>

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Landscape version="1" updated="2015-04-22T18:42:16Z" origin="file:/Users/Sascha/Library/Preferences/SAP/SAPGUILandscape.xml" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="SAPUILandscape.xsd" generator="SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 2">

<Services>

<Service expert="1" name="Entwicklungssystem" msid="c9125e5c-3847-4932-8c9d-1289d0d369c1" type="SAPGUI" uuid="c7818e5c-3847-4932-8c9d-1289d0d369c1" routerid="e970f412-5735-47d1-bbf9-2e8e10414b1a" server="192.168.1.201:501" mode="1"/>

</Services>

<Workspaces default="747e98df-9cde-42cd-a344-5dc05faa3f93">

<Workspace expanded="1" name="JavaGUI Services" uuid="747e98df-9cde-42cd-a344-5dc05faa3f93" description="JavaGUI Services configuration">

<Item uuid="6ad94560-1b28-4e6f-9cb2-b8ec07e27019" serviceid="c7818e5c-3847-4932-8c9d-1289d0d369c1"/>

</Workspace>

</Workspaces>

<Messageservers/>

<Routers>

<Router router="/H/xxx.xxx.xxx/S/3299" name="Router 3" uuid="e970f412-5735-47d1-bbf9-2e8e10414b1a"/>

</Routers>

</Landscape>

This is how my Landscape.xml looks like. Still no Connection possible. =(