cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer by Order Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customer that is only allowed to Web Order example ZWEB in Sales Org 800 DC 50 Division 10.

Now if I create a sales order for a same customer in the same Sales area by choosing order type ZRUSH which is a rush order. The system complains and displays this error: “Order cannot be created for customer 75482”

I think I understand the error.It is saying the customer is not allowed to order type ZRUSH which make sense.

What I need to know is where do we maintain this customer to be allowed to order ZWEB only and the customer cannot order if it is ZRUSH order.

I have looked in the Customer Master and all the blocks at Sales area, Billing, Delivery and credit control and we are not blocking this customer anywhere.

Is it because that may be we have a User exist somewhere or a table where we maintain the customers and exclude some customers that we do not allow them certain order types OR is it controlled in the configuration somewhere?

Please advice.

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

As Jurgen mentioned this message Y.... is created by your organization, for a specific requirement applicable to your company's business processes.

It might be due to some coding done in a userexit, in the code there might be a table created, with the list of customers and permitted order types. When system creates a sales order, it checks the entries of this table and then allows or disallows creation of order.

Contact your ABAPer, he/she will be able to give you all details.

In standard SD, for the same customer and same sales area; we can not restrict order creation for particular order types.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much !!!

Yea I knew this is what is going on but I was not very clear about this. Your inputs were very valuable and really helped me clear the concept.

Thanks again

John

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe the long text to the message has more info, at least a message number. If well programmed then you could see from the long text and/or the message if it is own developed .

The chance for an own development is very high as Google find only your question when searching with the phrase  “Order cannot be created for customer "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message number is Message no. YVS044. Would this help ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Message classes that start with X or Y are in the customer name space, so they are not from SAP.

To be sure you can go to SE91 enter message class YVS, and display the properties, you may find the name of someone in your organization

A where-used on the message number will probably only bring up Z or Y programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for identifying and telling me the difference between X and Y. I know all the custom things start with Z in SAP but didn't know about Y and X.

Thanks again !!

John