cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Query Designer over bpc cube: restrict year attribute of time dimension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus:

We are building bex queries on top of bpc cubes (BPC 10.1), but we are facing an issue when trying to restrict "year" attribute of time dimensión (we have transaccional data for 3 years on the bpc cube), at restricting no single value is shown as you can see here:

but If I try to restrict over "monthnum", bex query designer shows me the single values:

what could be wrong?

regards

mah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

you should not use BEX queries on top of BPC standard generated InfoCubes since BPC standard has a special logic to interpret and handle data that differs from BW significanty, e.g. sign logic for accounts, YTD storage (if used) or calculated members. Since all these things are not known in BW queries you may get completly 'wrong' data, i.e. result sets of BEx queries and e.g. EPM reports may be different.

You might 'emulate' BPC standard logic using special features of BEx queries but then you have to know what you are doing.

You should consider to use BPC unified if you want to use BEx queries.

Regards,

Gregor

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also check Model box "Use as Source of Data" that will generate a virtual provider on top of BPC cube. This VP provides a lot of BPC functionality for BW queries.

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the selection window of Year click on Settings as follows:

Thanks,

Raju