cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Level security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our department is new in Business Objects. We are slowly starting to convert some of our current applications in BO. I've been trying different things and struggling on how to achieve this in BO. Currently we have an application that calls reports. There is table driven security in dropdowns.

To begin with, these drop downs are filtered by who is logged in. The security is table driven. Then, starting from the top down, each drop down is then filtered by the previous selection. Then depending what is selected, one of the buttons is pressed and a report is generated.

I've been working with Webi trying to mimic this but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea how this can be achieved? Can it even be achieved in Webi?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the list finally came back. Not sure why it took so long. After it came back i noticed it wasn't working properly. Let me try to explain.

Hierarchy= Date Key, Group, Market, Clinic, Provider

Example data:

99, Group A, Market A, Clinic A, Provider A

99, Group A, Market B, Clinic B, Provider B

99, Group B, Market A, Clinic C, Provider C

99, Group B, Market D, Clinic D, Provider D

99, Group C, Market D, Clinic E, Provider E

In the data there could be a market that belongs to both Group A and Group B. Thats where the issue lies. When it shows in the hierarchy under clinics, it displays clinics that belong to both Group B and Group A. Although the clinic only belongs to Market A and Group B. It seems that it only looks at the level right above not all of them

Group A

Market A

Clinic A

Clinic C    -- Although Clinic C belongs to Market A, it only belongs to Group B.

Market B

Group B

Market A

Clinic C

Market D

Clinic D

Group C

Market D

Clinic E

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Richie

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I add another condition it returns no data in the prompt in Webi. See picture below.

thanks

Richie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. How will this display in Webi. When I read more about cascading prompts, it seems that it will prompt the user what to pick instead of just filtering the dropdowns. Is that correct?

Also how can I filter the data in the prompts or lists by the user that is logging on?

thanks

Richie

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so this can only be done using IDT and not UDT?

thanks

Richie

Former Member
0 Kudos

it can be done on both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this and when I run the report in webi this is what I get. it just hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to universe Designer > Tools > List of Values > Create cascading list of values.

You can drag the objects in the sequence in which you want the drop down to display the prompts.

Thanks,

taruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the same functionality using cascading prompt which is at universe level,

Thanks,

swapnil