cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Alias already exists in the System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a workflow set up for HR Trigger. Recently for HR Separation, we are getting the error saying The alias <alias_name> already exists in <RFC_Connection>. When I checked in the plugin system, that alias is assigned to some other user id ( not to the user id for which this request is raised ). But interesting thing is that No Alias is assigned to the user id to which the request is raised. In fact I do not understand why is the alias coming into picture here.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Fazil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fazil,

alias must be unique and hence if another user exists with the same alias the new user cannot be created in that system.

Let us know.

Regards,

Alessandro

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can search via SUIM > User > Users by complex selection criteria > Users by complex selection criteria. Then field User ID alias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Thanks a lot for your response. I have already checked with the client. They said that there is no alias assigned to the user id to which the request is raised. Also the alias shown in Audit Log is assigned to someother user id. Please help.

Thanks,

Regards,

Fazil

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fazil,

maybe I wasn't clear enough. An alias can only exist once in the system (only one user can have the same alias - it is like user ID, must also be unique in the system). The error message (Alias already exists in the system) means that there is already a user having that alias assigned.

The alias comes with the access request, so you can check under User Details tab:

As you have mentioned "it's assigned to some other user id" that's exactly the issue. The alias can not be assigned twice.

Hope you understand the issue.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

I absolutely got your point and I agree that alias cannot be assigned to 2 users. But the point thats making me worry is that the alias is assigned to only one user. And the user id for which the request is raised doesn't have any alias at all.

Also you said that alias comes with access request. Could you please tell me where exactly should I check in access request? I do not see alias option under user details tab.

Sorry for the trouble, appreciate your response. Thanks.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohamed,

you need to activate (make visible) the field in the EUP first (SPRO > GRC > AC > User provisioning > Maintain EUP settings.

Did you copy a user to another in the access request? What are your detail data sources? Is it possible that the user has the alias already maintained in another system that is part of the data sources? GRC gathers the data from all the data sources that means if the data is not available in the first but in the second, it gets updated in the access request and hence then also for the requested system and user.

Regards,

Alessandro