cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating a database in SAP IQ 16.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings.

I have a problem the moment I try to create a new database from SAP Control Center. I got the following mensagge

SCC agent 192.168.9.110:9999's Sybase IQ version () is lower than the minimally supported Sybase IQ version (15.3).

I recently installed the SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 in a Linux Red Hat 6.5 server, in the end of installation I started de scc Agent service. Any Suggestion?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure no other instance of SCC is running on the machine,  if there is no other instance, then it is quite possible  SCC repository messed up.  I would suggest unregistering resource, and then  stop SCC (both Server and agent, if running on two different machines)

1. cd $SYBASE/SCC-3_3/services/Repository

2. rename  scc_repository.db and scc_repository.log(if you do have scc_reposiory.log)

3.Run $SYBASE/plugins/IQMAP/scc_iq_monitor_privileges_setup.sql in the server

4. Start SCC

5. register and autheniticate resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response Saroj.

Before follow those steps, Do I have to stop the scc service first?

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes,  after un-registering resource in  SCC, stop both SCC server and agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I rename  scc_repository.db and scc_repository.log? Do I can put any name?

how do I can register and autheniticate resource?

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

for example

mv scc_repository.db  scc_repository.db.notgood

Once SCC is up and running:

To Register IQ Server(Resource)

Registering an SAP Sybase IQ Server

To authenticate:

Registering and Authenticating a Sybase Control Center Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

What comand do you use to run $SYBASE/plugins/IQMAP/scc_iq_monitor_privileges_setup.sql in the server in linux server?

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

cd $SYBASE/SCC-3_3/plugins/IQMAP

e.g.

dbisql -c 'uid=DBA;pwd=sql;eng=<iq servername>' -host <hostname> -port <IQ server port> --nogui scc_iq_monitor_privileges_setup.sql

you can replace uid and pwd with your DBA login and password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your time Saroj

I tried to use:

[sybase@sybasebiprod IQMAP]$ /sybase/IQ-16_0/bin64/dbisql -c 'uid=DBA;pwd=sql' --nogui scc_iq_monitor_privileges_setup.sql

but I have this issue:

ERROR! This file could not be found: java

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

you do  have 2 dashes in front of nogui and do need to specify your IQ server name as well

sybase@sybasebiprod
IQMAP]$

cd $SYBASE/SCC-3_3/plugins/IQMAP

ls

agent-plugin.dtd  assets                 mbean-descriptor.xml

agent-plugin.xml  IQMapLog4j.properties  ProductModule.xml

arl.xml           lib                    scc_iq_monitor_privileges_setup.sql

dbisql -c 'uid=DBA;pwd=sql;eng=<your IQ servername>'  -nogui scc_iq_monitor_privileges_setup.sql

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,          

I Have the same problem on my Windows Installation, I've Installed on MS Windows Sever 2012 R2 Standard, the installation process went fine, I've started the demo database but when I try to create another database throws the error "Cockpit agent localhost:4992's SAP IQ version () is lower than the minimally supported SAP IQ version (15.3)." and the same error you had when I use SCC.

I follow the steps that describes on this post to solve it, but when I change the repository file names, the SCC doesn't start anymore. could you tell me exactly what you do to solve this problem ? or if you know another solution, It will be apreciated

Best Regards,

Martin